I can't find anyone to do a Psych Eval!

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 11:42 pm
I am using Dr. Greenbaum for my surgery.  I have all my testing done EXCEPT my Eval.  I can't find ANYONE who will do one.  The list he gave me to call won't return my phone calls and I've looked online and called tons of PH.D.'s and L.C.S.W. AND M.S.W.'s

I'm beyond frustrated.  This is the ONLY thing standing in my way.  Does anyone have anyone they could suggest?  I live in the Willingboro/Burlington area.
bubblesrn
on 3/28/11 12:15 am
I only know of ones that work out of Bergen County.... if traveling is not an issue I can help.  I'm a bariatric surgery coordinator.
What insurance do you have?
Did you call Dr. Greenbaum's office for help?  Usually the staff at the surgeon's offices can help guide you on where to go.

Take care and good luck!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

Tom C.
on 3/28/11 12:15 am, edited 3/28/11 12:35 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Unless you have a particular history that dictates a Psychiatrist, a Psychologist will be accepted (watch the wording when looking)

I suggest contacting Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of Obesity Help's Mental Health Board. He has a few NJ locations. No matter where you are, I highly recommended going. 

In another post, someone recommended Dr Erika January - her office is in the medical arts building at Overlook Hospital in Summit.  Her phone number is 908-522-5794.

Another person to research would be Doctor Anthony Papciak

Here are more possible Doctors:

Psychiatrists    http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/a,list/type,35/

Psychologists http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/a,list/type,2/

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 12:42 am
I had called the surgeons office but TIna the coordinator was out and I'm super anxious to get the ball rolling. 

But as irony would have it I just recieved calls back from almost everyone I left messages with.  LOL  Now I have an appointment with Dr. Sanders for the 11th :)  

Thanks so much everyone!

I love these boards, theres never a shortage of help.  I can't wait until I can help someone too one day :)
Tom C.
on 3/28/11 1:34 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS on being able to see someone.

And just posting what you did has help more people then you can imagine!!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
twoxover
on 3/28/11 4:54 am - waterford, NJ

HI-
Im also in southern NJ, I'm going to Dr. Goldstein...but like you...how to find someone for the eval??  can you email me Dr. Sanders number, or tell me where he/she is located??

thanks!

Ms Shell
on 4/3/11 4:31 am - Hawthorne, CA

Joianne,

it's not like the test is a written one you need to study for ;D. What they really are looking for is to see if you truly understand what you're in for, what you can and cannot expect from the tool, and WHY you're doing this - then you'll be ok.

If your 800 pounds and expect to be 100 pounds within 1 year so you can be a swim suit model and still be able to eat cookies and cake .. then, yeah you're probably fail. But if you're 300 pounds and want to lose at least 80 pounds just to be off your meds, and you don't care it takes 5 years and know it will take diet and excercise then you'll pass. Understand ?!?!?!? I hope I explained myself.

I know you'll pass and do well. Just be positive.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 11:48 am
He is actually on the list that the practice gives out.  Here's his info.  He seems really nice.  He is located in Cherry Hill which is abou a half hour drive for me but worth it.  Almost noone takes my insurance (Familycare-United Health (former Americhoice)) so I have to pay cash for this.  He charges $150.00  Let him know I sent you :)

George Sanders PH.D. 856-424-6312
twoxover
on 3/29/11 2:35 am - waterford, NJ
Thank you!  I did end up (after several hours yesterday) finding someone in marlton who takes my insurance.  I go on thursday!  i'll let you know my thoughts when i get done...

betsey
Tom C.
on 4/3/11 6:18 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Not sure why My reply showed with your picture. Going to try it again.

Tom

Most Active
Recent Topics