Greetings and Introduction

kevinvw
on 3/13/11 2:28 pm - NJ
 Hello NJ Forum!

I am brand new to the OH website and was so excited to have located a NJ forum!  My name is Kevin and I am 37 yrs old and from Jackson, NJ.  I'm married to my lovely wife, Debra, and have a beautiful son, Nicholas, who will be turning 3 on April 2nd.  

Toward the end of last summer I began researching different weight loss surgery techniques in hopes of attaining a healthy BMI.  Ever since I was a young child I have been overweight.  While I am fairly active for my 285 pound body (I ran a 5K last August weighing 270 and averaged a 12:30 mile), I realize that 10 years from now I would be in a MUCH worse position assuming the linear weight gain I have had.  To make a long story short, I was approved by my insurance company on December 17, 2010.  Since I had just started a new job on December 6th, I elected to schedule my surgery on March 16, 2011.  I can't believe it is <3 days away!

Anyways, I wanted to say hello and let you know that I have read many of the posts on this board tonight.  You're all an inspiration and a source of strength.  I know I will come to use this forum as I begin to heal, grow, strengthen and develop post-surgery.  Thanks and I look forward to becoming a contributing member of this forum!

Kevin
Lap RNY: 3/16/11
Dr. Robert Brolin - www.njbariatricspc.com
  "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.? - Dr. Seuss

cathiec
on 3/14/11 1:49 am - Toms River, NJ
Welcome and Good Luck on your upcoming wls. It is going to be a Great Journey fo you.
Cathie

Tom C.
on 3/14/11 4:03 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Kevin,

Welcome my future Bariatric Brother!! Can’t wait for you to join us on the Loser’s Bench in our Winner’s Circle!!

Come back often, and know we’re here for you!!

While you won’t need it, GOOD LUCK!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
maryc543
on 3/15/11 1:11 am
Welcome and Good Luck!   Speedy recovery!    Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

kevinvw
on 3/21/11 2:46 am, edited 3/21/11 2:47 am - NJ
Hi all!

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and kind words. My surgery was completed on 3/16 and deemed a success. I evn was up and walking less than 8 hours after my surgery. I had maintained my mobility throughout my hospitalization and was discharged on Friday, 3/18. I feel great!

I'd taken my RX painkillers only once on Friday and haven't used them since. I've been using Tylenol each night before bed to help alleviate the pain in switching positions while I sleep, but that's it! I've walked each day since my surgery and did 20 minutes on the treadmill today. I will be adding 5 minutes each day until my post-op visit w/ Dr. Brolin this Friday.

Including the 10lbs I lost during the liver shrinking phase of the diet, I'm down a total of 20.1 lbs (10 since Wednesday). Thanks for all your support and I look forward to speaking with y'all more often!

Cheers,
Kevin
Tom C.
on 3/21/11 5:56 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Kevin,

Can't tell you how good it is to have you on the Loser's Bench in our Winner's Circle.

CONGRATS on your progress so far!! 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Butterfly618
on 3/24/11 4:56 am - NJ
All us NJ people gather once in awhile and meet at a Dinner the next on is April 5th.  You and your wife are welcome to meet us all in person.  Contact Tom C to be added to the email notice is you would love to join.  If not this time I hope some time in the near future!!! Good luck you you on your journey to thin!!!

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics