Support Groups

jodybob
on 3/8/11 9:58 am - NJ
Does any one know of a support group in the Central Jersey area.... I'm in need.  It's been over a year since I talk to anyone.
thanks
Jody
Tom C.
on 3/8/11 5:13 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Not sure exactly where you live, so maybe this link will help

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/4300035/NJ-Support-Grou p-listing-as-of-January-2011/
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
kevinvw
on 3/21/11 5:12 am - NJ
Hi Tom,

I called CentraState just a minute ago to obtain details on the support group (it's closest to where I live) and was advised by a woman named Leigh that they just stopped holding this peer support group in favor of a support group run by physicians specifically for patients of doctors affiliated with CentraState.  While I don't want to speculate, these "new" support groups are likely instead pre-op information sessions.  When I mentioned to Leigh that I was not a patient at CentraState I was advised that this wouldn't be for me.

Just wanted to share this as an FYI.

Cheers,
Kevin

Alice P.
on 3/10/11 10:11 am
The 1st Saturday support group that meets in sctoch plains at the RWJ gym is great!!!!!!!!!!!
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Nannette
on 3/11/11 12:15 am - Toms River, NJ
The Toms River OCWLS Group meets the first Friday of the month at Aud A at Community Medical Center at 7pm -- we have several members who used Dr Jean-Baptiste.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Most Active
Recent Topics