Reminder - March Toms River OCWLS Meeting

Nannette
on 2/20/11 10:38 pm - Toms River, NJ
Just a reminder that our regularly scheduled March support group meeting of OCWLS will be held Friday, March 4th at 7pm at Community Medical Center, Auditorium A on Hospital Drive in Toms River.

Who is going to be there?

Ocean County Weight Loss Support Group (OCWLS)

Toms River:  Meets First Friday of Each Month 7-9 p.m.

Community Medical Center – Auditorium A

Hospital Drive & Route 37 West, Toms River, NJ

Toms River 2011 Meeting Schedule

July 8 (2nd Friday)-Aud C

August 5

March 4

September 9 (2nd Friday)-Aud C

April 1

October 7

May 6

November 4

June 3

December 2 (HOLIDAY PARTY)

The Ocean County Weight Loss Surgery (OCWLS) Support Group is a peer-to-peer group which is open to individuals who have undergone various types of weight loss surgery, or to those who are anticipating or planning this kind of lifestyle change.  Supportive family members and friends are also welcome.

Our group members have had their surgeries performed by various WLS surgeons and hospitals, and we are not affiliated with any specific WLS surgeon or hospital.

Pre-Registration is Not Required.  If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.

Note:  OCWLS Support Group employs a self-help model and does not give medical advice.  Any information provided and/or obtained during the meetings is for educational purposes only and is not intended nor recommended as a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care professional regarding any medical condition or treatment.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

mom2wow
on 2/21/11 7:21 am
I'd love to go, it would be much easier than trying to treck to Atlantic County. However, I just cannot bring myself to enter the doors of CMC after multiple negative experiences in that building, too many bad, painful memories.  If you know of any other Ocean County WLS support groups that DON'T meet on CMC property I'd be happy to check it out.
Smile it makes others wonder what you have been up to.

Nannette
on 2/22/11 10:32 pm - Toms River, NJ

We used to meet mid-month at Kimball too, but cancelled those meetings due to poor attendance. 

Sorry you had bad experiences at CMC; however, we only hold our meetings there but are not affiliated with them in any other capacity; they do not support or sponsor us, so if you can get past your fear, we'd love to have you join a meeting.

As for other meetings nearby, the only other two I am aware of are Dr. Borao's group at Monmouth Medical Center which meets on a Thursday -- I think it is the third Thursday of the month, but you could confirm with MMC.

The other I am aware of is at SOCHE in Manahawkin -- but I don't know when theirs are, but again, you could probably call over their and found out.  Dr Reich is head of that practice.

Good luck on your journey!
Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

cathiec
on 2/27/11 6:12 pm - Toms River, NJ

The support meeting at SOCH in Manahawkin is March 9,2011 in the Beach Plum Room that is located in the cafe, It starts at 7:00pm The phone number is609-978-3325. The person that runs is Ginger Strano the nut. They are very informative.
Cathie

Most Active
Recent Topics