Need help

Maryellen R.
on 2/17/11 12:15 am - Sayville, NY
 Hi NJ!

I am in need of good food ideas for breakfast.......what are you guys eating for breakfast?

(((HUGS)))

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Laureen S.
on 2/17/11 3:32 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Maryellen,

I like variety, and taste, so these are some breakfast menus I eat. . .

Thomas' WW muffin with lowfat cheese melted on it, sometimes a slice of turkey bacon added or slice of tomato

Weight Management Oatmeal, made with a little skim milk to add extra protein and some fruit

1% Cottage Cheese with garlic pepper grinder for a little punch

1/2 cup of Eggbeaters made omlet style in a nonstick pan, with some fat free feta or other lf/nf cheese added or some chopped veggies (onion, peppers, zucchini)

Occasionally, I will make Quaker Oatmeal pancakes with frozen blueberries or banana and walnuts and no sugar syrup.

There are also the Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwiches (muffin) I throw away half the muffin.

Most of these breakfasts are 250 calories or less, can be made in less than 10 minutes, most 5 or under.  Hope this was some help.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Maryellen R.
on 2/17/11 3:34 am - Sayville, NY
 YUM....so delish suggestions........

GRACIAS!

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

Plum1967
on 2/18/11 12:00 pm
I'm a creature of habit.  I like to grab something quick and easy that I can eat in the car on the way to work.  For now, that's a package of Oh Yeah Protein Wafers in the Chocolate Peanut butter flavor.  YUM!

~wendy

I've partnered with Team In Training to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

If you want to help fight blood cancers, please consider donating at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/rnr12/wnystrom.

Thank you for your support!

Maryellen R.
on 2/20/11 5:05 am, edited 2/20/11 5:53 am - Sayville, NY
GREAT tip Wendy!

oh and BTW.....THANKS for the exposure on your FB page................

fyi........I have several friends here on the NJ forum and have even attended one of Tom Casola's NJ meetings and will be attending even more in upcoming months.

I've had the pleasure of meeting him, Kimmi, Nannette, Dan E., Dawn and several others from this forum and we chat more frequently with each other on other OH boards.

Always remember, support is the key to success!

Have a BLESSED Day!

(((HUGS)))

Maryellen

Plum1967
on 2/20/11 8:11 am

You're welcome! 

~wendy

I've partnered with Team In Training to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

If you want to help fight blood cancers, please consider donating at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/rnr12/wnystrom.

Thank you for your support!

checkitout
on 2/21/11 9:27 am - Newton, NJ
Hello Maryellen,

I am in a constant state of rush... so I make breakfast ahead so I can grab reheat and go in the morning. Here are a few things I eat for breakfast.

Eggs, I bake them in a silicone muffin pan with any kind of omelet fillings. I remove them from the pan let them cool on a wire rack then put them in a large zip top bag and freeze. In the morning you just reheat them in the microwave and they are good as new..

Steel cut oats, we love oatmeal in my house.. I cook it ahead with 3/4 water and 1/4 milk and put it in small containers so I can reheat it in the microwave as I am running out the door, I normally add fruit for my daughter depending on her mood..

Muffins, I LOVE MUFFINS !!! Pre-Op I went to Costo and bought those huge muffins but now there is no way on earth I would eat one of those.. I make muffins from oat flour, fruit and splenda so they are fairly healthy and very filling.. I make them in my favorite, a silicone mini muffin pan and they too freeze well.

I also eat cottage cheese with fresh fruit, on the weekends I make cottage cheese and oatmeal pancakes but they are not a week day staple..

If you find something amazing for breakfast please be sure to pass it along.

Thanks,
Stella

Maryellen R.
on 2/22/11 11:23 pm - Sayville, NY
 VERY nice suggestions.  Thank you so much for noting them.  I will be trying them all!  lol

I had read about the eggs in the muffin pan but never actually tried them like that but you have inspired me to do so.  

What is that saying?  Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

Thanks again NJ.....I think I have found a new home here on OH in NJ since sadly the NY board is rarely ever active.

Maryellen

Alice P.
on 2/23/11 11:00 am
I am always in a hurry in the am so I just do my protein every morning. I use carmel protein powder (dissolve in a little water so it doesn't clump) then add my coffee, a packet of splenda and sugar free flavored cream in a to go cup. I get my coffee and protein in one shot!!
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

big_ideas
on 2/23/11 7:48 pm - Randolph, NJ
Frozen unsweetened berry mix from Trader Joes, 1/2 sliced banana, and about 1/2 cup 0 percent greek yogurt. Yummy.

Also made these great crustless mini-quiches with turkey sausage and swiss cheese. They freeze and microwave beautifully.  Season them a little more than the recipe says, and add a bit more cheese.

Most Active
Recent Topics