February IGT

big_ideas
on 2/16/11 7:14 am - Randolph, NJ
Just want to pop in and say how great it was to see everyone last night. I don't think anyone took pictures, which is too bad. I am so proud of everyone for wherever they are and whatever they are doing. For the most part, everyone is well on their way to successful weight loss and maintenance; while some are still starting out, but nonetheless are fighting the good fight.

Either way, we were all there to applaud and celebrate one another, and that means a lot coming from people *****ally understand the struggle.

Tom, thank you again for your efforts, your energy, and your inspiration. You are a role model for so many, and you take the responsibility personally - and seriously.  You are a rock star!

While I never hesitate to stand up in public and announce my highest weight and amount lost, it was even nicer to have a private room to ourselves in the back of the Omega. Not only was it more intimate, it also gave us the ability to circulate, which is a huge bonus! I hate leaving the IGT feeling like I didn't get to talk to as many people as possible.

(Shout out to Karen - you look amazing. And when my boobs look as good as yours do, I will proudly show them off too! Congratulations on your results, and all my dearest prayers go out for your continued healing and success.)

Anyone that wasn't able to make it: you were missed, and I encourage you to try to come to a dinner in the future if you can. Whatever stage you may be at in your journey, you will come away encouraged and buoyed by the positive spirit of a great group of people. 

hockeymom8016
on 2/16/11 9:48 pm - NJ

It was a great evening. It is wonderful to see everyone and the private room was awesome. Congratulations to everyone and their successes. I also want to shout out thanks to Tom for all his efforts in arranging these get togethers. I felt renewed after the dinner.  I think everyone was jealous of Karen's boobs! I know I was. I look forward to the next meeting.

Most Active
Recent Topics