Protien Shakes

Redhead7977
on 2/8/11 9:43 pm - NJ
Ok I am going to do the protien shakes, I need some suggestions on some good ones, I have never found one I really like. 
Thanks!
Joann
Tom C.
on 2/8/11 9:55 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I really like Cytosport Low Fat Complete Whey. This is the same company that makes Muscle Milk. Their Low Fat Complete Whey lower in calories then compared to their Muscle Milk LIGHT (regular MM has a lot of calories)

Another brand which looks good is Dymatize. I tried a protein shake made with them, and it was very good.

The company can be found at http://www.dymatize.com/products/.

They have different Whey proteins, and the nutritional values don't seem too bad.

For their

ISO 100 = 24 - 25 grams of Protein| 106 calories | 0 Calories from Fat | 0 - 1 Carb

Elite Egg = 24 grams of Protein| 110 calories | 0 to 2 Calories from Fat | 2 - 3 Carb

Elite Whey = 24 grams of Protein| 114 - 117 calories | 14 Calories from Fat | 2 - 2.5 Carb

Whey Isolate = 24 grams of Protein| 125 calories | 14 Calories from Fat | 4 Carb

Elite Gourment = 21 grams of Protein| 120 to 125 calories | 15 Calories from Fat | 5 - 6 Carb

I have no idea how they taste by themselves, but I am planning on testing them the next time I need Protein (going to get the ISO 100).

No matter what brand you buy, try to remember:

Keep the Calories low (try to stay around 150 or below would be better)

Keep the Proteins between 20 and 30 (25 is ideal)

Keep the Carbs below 10 (5 is ideal)

Keep the Calories from fat below 20

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Redhead7977
on 2/8/11 10:03 pm - NJ
Thanks Tom,
do you buy the Cytosport Low Fat Complete Whey at a health food store or order on line?  I will check out the dymatize also.  I am going to lose this last 20lbs if it kills me LOL
Joann
Tom C.
on 2/8/11 10:15 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
BOTH !! ... I look and see where it is cheapest. Sometimes on line it "appears" to be cheaper, but when you add in shipping it's really not.

Check around, call around, and see who can beat the best price. There is a "Mom & Pop" health food store near me that will (try to) beat any best price, plus an additional percentage. The only thing with these types of stores, they may not take it back compared to a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Redhead7977
on 2/8/11 10:21 pm - NJ
I checked out the Dymatize site and orderd a sample kit for 9.99 plus shipping.  It included a shaker and samples. I thought it would be good to keep at work with me, thats when I have the hardest time with food control.
Thanks again can't wait to see eveyone on Tuesday.
Joann
Alice P.
on 2/9/11 5:47 am
My favorite is inspire carmel latte (from bariatriceating) I mix it in a little water to dissolve and then add it to my morning coffee and flavored creamer!

If I make a shake I like chocolate protein powder with 1/2 cup skim milk, 6-8 ice cubes, 1 serving of international delights sf decaf french vanilla cafe (4tsp) in a blender.
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Redhead7977
on 2/9/11 9:48 pm - NJ
Thanks! Sounds like something I would like I love carmel. I will check out the website
Joann
big_ideas
on 2/11/11 7:18 am - Randolph, NJ
Are you going to the IGT next week? I may have some protein I don't use anymore, and I'd be happy to give it to you to try. Do you mind open containers?

Redhead7977
on 2/13/11 12:28 am - NJ
Yes I will be there and would ove to try them, I figure that there is one out there I will like and if I try as many as I can I will find it LOL
Thanks! see you Tuesday
Joann
Most Active
Recent Topics