My Banding today

Duds2141
on 2/2/11 11:16 am
 Just wanted to say Hi, i joined the site a few weeks ago. I had my surgery today, and went with the lap band. Overall i feel much better than i thought i would. Dr Sowemimo who is now at Central Jersey Bariatrics was my surgeon. I started with Dr. Sowemimo before he went to CJB, and i really like him. I felt he was helpful in the process and supportive.

Thanks for all the help you've given me in posting all of your own information, i feel it really helped better educate me over the past few weeks.

Duds
Tom C.
on 2/2/11 5:48 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Welcome Duds to the Loser's Bench in our Winner's Circle. Glad to have another bariatric sibling in our ever increasing, constantly decreasing, family.

Please post along your journey. It will help newbies and veterans alike.

Know we're here for you.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Christine928
on 2/3/11 6:21 pm
Welcome and Congrats!! ! !

bubblesrn
on 2/3/11 8:56 pm
Welcome aboard!  Congrats and wishing you well...
Happy belated birthday!!!... a start to your new journey!

Take care!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

Andrea H.
on 2/14/11 12:25 pm - Middletown, NJ
VSG on 04/08/13
 Congrats to you!!  Dr. Sowemimo was my surgeon as well.  Good Luck to you!

HW 300, SW (Realize Band) 268, Revision to VSG 264

Duds2141
on 2/15/11 11:21 am
 Thanks everyone, everything is going well! I'm getting adjusted to my new menus and even headed back to the gym to start treadmill walking. So far including my pre surgery liquid diet i'm down almost 40 pounds. I'm pretty psyched and looking forward to saying "Hasta La Vista" to many more!

Duds
Most Active
Recent Topics