12 days out and feeling good....

Christine928
on 1/22/11 12:48 am
Good Morning. I had my surgery Jan 10/11 and since then things in my opinion have been progressing very well. Of course I had the bad gas for the first three or four days, but walking around helped that alot. By the weekend I was feeling even better, I wanted to get out and try to do my normal weekend things (most importantly my nails and feet ). So I made up my mind that Sunday it was going to happen. Someone must have read my mind; a friend (lapband patient) called and asked how I was doing. I told them what my plans for Sunday was going to be and of course I'm getting the lecture about how I'm not allowed to drive yet. She picks me up Sunday and once I'm in the grocery store I start to feel why I shouldn't have driven. My body felt very weak and I started to shake a little (I was totally relaxed in that massage chair though getting my feet done).

By the time I had my follow up appointment I felt that I had more energy. I was trying cottage cheese, eating applesauce, I was able to get way more water in my system and more importantly I wanted to go back to work. Doctor was happy with my progress and so was I. He cleared me to go back to work and Thursday morning I surprised everyone (They all thought I was coming back on the 24th). It was like I never left but the welcome I got when the employees saw my car outside made me soooooo happy. I missed them and from all the hugs and smiles they missed me too. Later that day I did my tour around the plant and visited everyone (very slowly though). Even though I did take my time I was exhausted.

On the home front I have tried different types of food and some worked others didn't. I ate the cheese out of a ravioli and diced tomatoes (perfect). I tried ground beef (way too soon, didn't sit well). I tried chicken (perfect). Other then that I'm sticking to the basics.

Overall my experience with this procedure has been great. I haven't had any problems with my back (I have spina bifida), no problems with my vitamins, or water intake. I'm very pleased with both my PCP,and my surgeon and his team.

ebonyfigueroa
on 1/22/11 9:20 am
woohooo u go grl
yessss i go in with DR. BILOF .....   THANKS DOMINGA   WWW.GARDENSTATEBARIATRICS.COM  MAY GOD BE WITH ME THIS DAY AND ANY OTHER DAY IM SO HAPPY I CRY AS I WRITE THIS YESSSSSS PLS FEE FREE TO SHARE ANY AND EVERYTHING WITH ME
Tom C.
on 1/22/11 9:25 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Dear Christine928.

Thanks sooooo much for sharing. I know your post has inspired many today.

Keep up the great work !!

Come back often, and lkeep us up-to-date about your successes (and any set-backs).

And always know we are here for you!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jeepers385
on 1/24/11 3:03 am - Hightstown, NJ
Christine, congrats and your doing wonderful.

Most Active
Recent Topics