Looking for Lap Banders in & around Piscataway

bacibella
on 1/3/11 9:21 am
Hi-
I am newbie. I had my surgery in July by Br. Bertha. I am looking for other people who have had lap band surgery to share experiences with.

Lisa
Tom C.
on 1/3/11 8:05 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Lisa,

I had the Realize Band with Doctor Abkin, but I have dealt with both Doctors - so please know I am willing to help you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
cathiec
on 1/7/11 10:07 am - Toms River, NJ
I had lapband surgery done in July8,2009 have had a great journey. I have lost 103lbs so far have 22lbs to go. I would be very happy to share with you the only thing I live in Toms River Hope to talk to you soon'
Cathie

margaretw
on 3/3/11 10:39 am - Jackson, NJ
Hi.  Congrats to you.  I had my LapBand done on 04-30-10.  I am down 86 pounds.  I live in Jackson and am starting an OH support group at the Jackson library at the end of this month.  I do not have an exact date yet; it will probably be 03-28-11 from 10 - 12.  Please let me know if you are interested in attending.  Also, I have an online group called All_About_Me_in_NJ.  please check it out.  My surgery was done by DR. Reich at SOCH in Manahawkin.  Hope to chat wwith you soon.  ME
ME58  White11      
bgaylz
on 1/24/11 11:55 am
Hi

I also had my lap band surgery (single incision) in July and Dr.Bertha was my surgeon.  I have not had any problems at all..no gas, nothing getting stuck  ect..it's really been great I'm very happy.
Debbie S.
on 2/12/11 4:06 am - Scotch Plains, NJ
Lisa,

I had a Lap Band in June of 2005 by Dr Abkin. I have lost 75 pounds so far. The first couple of years I attended the support group every month. My goal is to get back to the meetings (they help to stay on track). I recently attended the support group at RWJ in Scotch Plains and want to try to get to the JFK meeting in Plainfield (Muhlenberg).

Debbie 
bacibella
on 2/12/11 8:34 am

Hi Debbie,
Thanks so much for answering my post. I have lost 23 lbs. I got a late start. I must admit, loosing this weight has made me feel so much better. Would you be so kind to share with me the meeting times and places that you mentioned ? I would like to go as many support groups as possible. I feel that they are very helpful.

Lisa

Debbie S.
on 2/13/11 3:01 am - Scotch Plains, NJ
Lisa,

RWJ in Scotch Plains - 1st Sat of the month 10:30 - 12
JFK (Muhlenberg) 1200 Park Ave, Plfd  - 3rd Thurs of the month 530-730
Dr. Abkins office - 4th Wed of the month at 7 - check their website.

Debbie
Tom C.
on 2/13/11 6:23 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Since I am unsure how far you're willing to travel, maybe this post will help you decide some nearby Support Groups by you.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/4300035/NJ-Support-Grou p-listing-as-of-January-2011/
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Duds2141
on 3/2/11 8:46 am
Hi Lisa,

I had my lap band done about a month ago. I live in Perth Amboy so that's not far at all from Piscataway. How's everything going?

Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics