Workout buddy.... Northern NJ

Nicole P.
on 12/21/10 9:57 am - Cliffside Park, NJ
Hello!

I am interested in finding a workout buddy in Northern Jersey. I am having Lap-Banding in Feb. and I am trying to start a fitness routine beforehand. I am pretty out of shape, but I do my best to keep up. I'd prefer a female workout buddy, but I'm not picky about age or anything like that. I'm 27, I am not creepy, and I honestly just want some company while I walk. I am very supportive, and I would be a huge supporter of anyone else having bariatric surgery.  

Since it's winter, I am considering walking in the Garden State Plaza, or Paramus Park Mall.  On days that permit, there are several parks where we could walk.

If anyone is interested, please send me a message.
N.  =)

"Even our physical structure seems more suited to feelings of love and compassion. We can see how a calm, affectionate, wholesome state of mind benefits our health and physical well-being. Conversely, feelings of frustration, fear, agitation, and anger can be destructive to our health. This is why we are impelled to seek happiness." ~~Dalai Lama        
Tom C.
on 12/23/10 4:07 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I live in Hopatcong, which is probably too far from you. However know I am here if you need, and wish you all the best!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Nicole P.
on 12/23/10 4:46 am, edited 12/23/10 4:46 am - Cliffside Park, NJ
I actually had to Google Map Hopatong. (I'm not originally from New Jersey.) Unfortunately, it is a little far, as I don't drive very much. I pretty much bus everywhere. I would however be happy to add you as a friend, if you don't mind. I always have lots of questions, and i can use all the support I can get.

Thank you!
N.  =)

"Even our physical structure seems more suited to feelings of love and compassion. We can see how a calm, affectionate, wholesome state of mind benefits our health and physical well-being. Conversely, feelings of frustration, fear, agitation, and anger can be destructive to our health. This is why we are impelled to seek happiness." ~~Dalai Lama        
Tom C.
on 12/23/10 6:24 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Can't have enough friend along this journey!! Have a Merry (and sensible) Holiday - my friend!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Christine928
on 12/27/10 12:10 am
Hi Nicole,

I think we are alittle too far also. I go to a gym in Jersey City. I have been going there on and off for about a year. It does make it easier when you have someone there with you to help keep up the motivation. I fell off the wagon a few times some just because I didn't want to go and mostly I was scared about my back.

We can try to set something up for every Saturday or other saturday. Meet in a central location and walk in the park. We are going to need all the support we can get and its nice to make some new friends along the way.

bubblesrn
on 12/29/10 10:03 pm
I work in Teaneck (Holy Name Medical Center) but I always go to the mall to walk!  I'll be more than happy to meet up with you when we are free.  My surgeon's office is actually right across from GSP!

Take care!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

maryc543
on 12/29/10 11:13 pm
I work out in Retro Fitness in Hackensack, and the Training Grounds in Teaneck   (long story of why there's two....  I'm NOT that into exercise  LOL)   are either of these close enough for you to consider?    We could compare schedules...I usually go after work during the week  around, 5 or 6....   Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Nicole P.
on 12/29/10 11:50 pm - Cliffside Park, NJ
Wow! I'm excited I have so many responses! Unfortunately, right now, a gym is not in my cards. Since I have to pay for part of my surgery, I can't really afford it. But, I really love to walk, and walking in the mall sounds fun! I've had a couple of people fall through for workout buddies, so if you guys are interested, please send me a message and we can set up a time to meet up and compare schedules. I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends, and burning some calories!
N.  =)

Most Active
Recent Topics