Dr. Abkin of Florham Park

vkenny2006
on 12/5/10 7:06 am - NJ
I am relatively new to the WLS world. I am 5 months post op from lap band surgery, and I have lost 53 pounds. I cannot tell you how happy I am with the services I have received from Dr. Abkin's office. Although they are constantly busy, I have found them to be exceptionally professional and compassionate. Dr. Abkin is a kind, compassionate doctor who always seems to remember me (and not just because he just read my file out in the hallway). He took very good care of me during my first adjustment where I almost passed out (he states it's common during adjustments). I do not know many people personally who need this type of surgery, but I recommend Dr. Abkin and the Florham Park surgeon's office to anyone needing WLS assistance. He has changed my life, and as I said to him last week during my checkup, he has quickly become one of my favorite people!
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/10 12:39 pm - Piscataway, NJ
Congratulations on your success! Although I am a bypass patient, I know several people who have had Dr. Abkin as their surgeon. They have always spoken very highly of him and his staff!

Don't let the adjustments scare/intimidate you! If you continue to reach out here on this board, I'm sure you'll make many friends/acquaintances who can relate. 

Here's to your continued success! - Nancy
Tom C.
on 12/5/10 10:05 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Doctor Abkin saved my life and I will forever be indebted to him for that.

The folks at Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons of Morris County are phenomenal. They have always been top notch with me.

I f you haven’t done it already, I know Doctor Abkin would love to for you to  add your comments in this section of OH. He gets notified of it.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+r eviews+Alexander+Abkin+dbl.html

To anyone who needs a Doctor, IMHO you'll find no better than Doctor Abkin.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
missjuice
on 1/11/11 1:00 am
In addition to his Florham Park office, Dr. Abkin now sees patients in Plainfield at the JFK For Life office! 
Most Active
Recent Topics