OT: South, South Jersey info needed! (Salem County)

maryc543
on 11/21/10 11:29 pm
Hi Everyone,  I need some info on Salem County....  waaayyyyy  South Jersey!    It's so different down there from my beloved Teaneck/Paramus area.    Where the heck are the grocery stores, diners, coffee houses, movie theatres?  What do people do down there at night?  (OK, except for the obvious)  LOL     I can't walk a mile and be anywhere....everything is a 25 minute DRIVE!

I can't find a grocery store, except for an Acme about 20 minutes away in Salem.....  (I've been staying in Canton)  There's no Wegmans, Traders Joes, Whole Foods, etc....   The Wallmart here doesn't have a produce, meat or bakery department.    Are there any locals who can direct me to FOOD??????
     I feel like I'm visiting Oklahoma each weekend, instead of NJ!!!  Can someone help???  
Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Jersey Girl
on 12/1/10 11:06 am
Oh Mary....I feel your pain!  I'm from Camden County and my husband from Maryland.  In 2008 we moved to Newark, DE (the middle).  We both still worked in our home states and commuted to NJ and MD.  Since we had an HMO in NJ through my job, DH had a pcp in Salem County.....OMG.  Yeah....it was a culture shock when we went to the first appointment in Pennsville.

A l y s i a  (pronounced like A l i c i a)
Total weight loss since HW of 475:

Pounds lost since band revision to DS            
maryc543
on 12/1/10 11:20 pm
Thanks for the sympathy!   He's a great guy....  but his house is in the middle of nowhere!  It's easier for me to do the commute on the weekends, because of his job schedule, kids, etc.... but I feel like I'm driving into Oz.....  if it wasn't for my GPS, I'd never find anything...  it's like,  go to the third silo and make a left onto a road that doesn't seem like a road, go past the 45th pond, and hope for the *******OL              Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics