Has anyone had surgery from Dr. Earl Noyan out of Centra State?

adam_
on 11/18/10 8:11 pm - Boynton Beach, FL
You can read all about my experience in my blog, link below...

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

Jeepers385
on 11/21/10 10:53 pm - Hightstown, NJ

Adam so sorry you went through what you did.

I personally had a great experience and still continue to.  I know I've been to doctor's that other have said were bad and vice versa I know you had a very bad experience so I'm not taking that away.

I think we all have to do our homework and talk to our doctors and form our own opinion.

Redhead7977
on 11/22/10 8:49 am - NJ
I agree with Jeepers, you need to form your own opinions, for every horror story you hear, there are hundreds that go without a hitch.  We just need to feel comfortable with our doctors and most of all put yourself in Gods hands, I always believed that if he takes you to it, he will get you thru anything.
J
Joann
Luvmy3dobermans
on 11/22/10 10:28 am - NJ
I take others experiences and use them as informational for my self.  I do feel very comfortable with Dr Noyan and know that there are risks with every kind of surgery.  I cant wait for that meeting in December and look forward to listening to everything and will be taking notes.  I dont believe anyone can be too informed.  Thank you all for your replies, I really do appreciate them.
Holly
dlphn810
on 11/24/10 4:31 am - Plainsboro, NJ
Hi there. I, too, am new to all of this. I had my surgery on Sept 22nd at Robert Wood Johnson with Dr Noyan and Dr Prokrat and Sabina (nutritionist). I am now down 45 lbs in 2 mths and my severe diabetes and sleep apnea is gone. Poof!! Just like that! I have had nothing but positive experiences with each doctor, the hospital and the treatment from everyone. I didn't really have any problems that caused concern. You are going to hear positives and negatives from anyone you talk to. Each story is different in their own, even if we are all experiencing the same things. Do your homework, find a good support system/group, have someone to help you when you come home from the hospital, ask as many questions as possible even if they sound like the silliest ones. After surgery, be PATIENT, things are going to change, emotions are going to fly all over the place and you WILL have even more questions. Follow the "rules", make sure to get your liquids in and keep a journal of food AND emotions. Hope that helps a little. Feel free to ask me anything. I'd be happy to help. Good luck on your new journey!!
B.
Kathy
on 12/3/10 7:03 pm - Hamilton, NJ
I know I'm late in responding but here's my two cents.  I am 7 years out.  Was having problems with a stricture.  Original surgeon was too far away so I went to a general gastro doc for dilation.  Had complications and was rushed to RWJ Hamilton.  Dr. Noyan discovered that my stomach had been perfed and fixed it.  Two days later I was back again and Dr. Prokurat fixed my ruptured intestine.  They saved my life.  Of course I had major issues after that, spent 6 weeks in the hospital, but it had nothing to do with their work.  Once my intestine ruptured all the bacteria spilled into my bloodstream causing sepsis and then it was downhill after that.

I recommend them.  They stepped right up to the plate, without even knowing me, and took care of me.  I will be changing to them from now on.  My original surgeon, great guy and no problems is just too far away should something like this happen again.
Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics