Has anyone had surgery from Dr. Earl Noyan out of Centra State?

Luvmy3dobermans
on 11/16/10 1:22 am - NJ

Hello,
I am new to the WLS world.  I am very excited to have it.  I have chosen the RNY gastric bypass. Both my medical doctor and Dr. Noyan concur that this is the procedure for me since I am 5'3 and weighing in at a staggering 288 pounds.  I have chosen Dr. Noyan that operates out of Centra State and Robert Wood Johnson-Hamilton. I am eager to find out who has gone to Dr. Noyan and what their experiences were/are.   Can anyone give me any helpful hints or words of advise?  I have so many questions that I cant seem to think of them now.  If anyone can give me any comments I am sure they will be much appreciated!!  Please give a new gal a hand!

ls

Alice P.
on 11/16/10 5:06 am
I did not use that doctor but I did have RNY on 2/17/10-  my pre op weight was 278, I'm 5 ft 6 and I now weigh 165lbs and am still loosing.  Would be happy to answer any questions for you.  I have not had any real complications and tolerate food well post op.

Alice

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Luvmy3dobermans
on 11/16/10 8:57 am - NJ
All I hear from people is omg, your having "gastric bypass"??  All I hear is horror stories.  I never seem to hear of any success stories.  Did you have support from "everyone" you know?  I know this is the right decision for me but their stories scare me.  Not scare me to have me change my mind but just put a seed of doubt there.  I really dont know how to combat the negativity Any suggestions?  Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it!
Nannette
on 11/16/10 10:50 pm - Toms River, NJ
Congrats on your decision; however, one caveat -- check out Dr Noyan's complication record -- there are a couple of patients in our support group who have had him and every single one has had some complication -- some more serious than others.  There are plenty of other surgeons with better records.

Don't mean to alarm -- just be informed......

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Luvmy3dobermans
on 11/17/10 7:27 am - NJ
Really??  Do you know how long ago this was? I would love to get the opinios of these people and their experiences.  I dont know if this is allowed but could you please give my email address to these group members who have delt with Dr. Noyan?  I am most eager to find out when they had their surgery.  My email address is [email protected].  I hope I am allowed to post my address but I want to gather as much information as possible.  My insurance is the best so I can afford to be choosy.  I would appreciate ANYONES input, positive or negative about Dr. Noyan and his partner Dr. Procurat.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nannette
on 11/18/10 9:52 pm - Toms River, NJ
Adam from Toms River, who has invited you to read his blog is the most serious complication from our group that I referred to.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Jeepers385
on 11/17/10 11:28 pm - Hightstown, NJ
Hi I'm Debbie and I'm a patient of Dr. Noyan & Prokurut.  I've been banded since Aug. 30, 2010 and I'm doing really well.

I did consultations with Dr. Noyan and Dr. Washington and decided on Noyan after my consults.  My surgery was done at RWJ Hamilton and I was very impressed with him and the hospital.

You can send me a message if you want to talk.  Remember though I had the lap band and not gastric.

Redhead7977
on 11/18/10 6:02 am - NJ
I go to all Dr Noyans support groups and there are many bypass people there and they are always praising him. You should go to a support group and talk to these people.  As a matter of fact there is a meeting tonight at 6pm at the Robert Wood Center on Quakerbridge Rd. in Hamilton.  I go to Dr Prokurat and also have lapband.  I think they are great and also office staff are wonderful.
There is a December meeting on the 16th also.
My suggestion is to talk to his patients at the suppot groups.
J
Joann
Luvmy3dobermans
on 11/18/10 10:47 am - NJ
I thank you for responding.  I am looking forward to meeting people at this support group meeting.  I am a little nervous but am ready to make the big step.  Thank you!!!!
Redhead7977
on 11/21/10 10:40 pm - NJ
I hope you can make it on December 16th, we are going to have a fashion show with before and after pictures from patients that are a year out or more.  They are going to have refreshments also so you will get an idea what you will be able to eat and drink.  Also a few patients are going to speak about thier expierences.
Should be a lot of fun and informational for you
J
Joann
Most Active
Recent Topics