One Year Follow Up w/ Pictures

Brendan 2 Years :)
on 11/1/10 1:02 pm
Ok... So I missed making my follow up with my surgeon in August for my official 1 year but... with some nudging from some friends I made the appoinment, had the bloodwork done and went for the results last Friday (14 Months Out).  Did I mention that I missed my six month follow up also???  I know.. not smart.  Well... going to the appointment I knew I was doing good with the weight loss.  14 months out from surgery I'm down 249lbs from my high of 504lbs in June of 2009.  My current weight is now 255lbs (btw... i'm 6'3").  But... I was nervous to hear the rest of that stats.  Like many out there I'm a worrier.  Well... Wow the results have me soooo excited :)  All of my blood work looked GREAT :)  The only thing that was a little low was my Vitamin D.  I had a feeling that may happen because early on I gotten out of the habbit of taking it.  It was a really big pill that I couldn't find in chewable form and it actually hurt to take.  I know... I know... My surgeon said if I just start taking it that will straighten out.  

The stats that have me floored are as follows.  Blood Pressure:  114 over 80!!  Cholesterol: 132!!  HDL: 42!!  Holy Crap !!  My surgeon said -  ALL of the health benifits that you could get out of this surgery and the weight loss you have NOW!! Not... you have 10lbs or 25lbs or 100lbs to go... but... YOU are THERE !!  He said I will continue to loose through 18 months - 2 Years but it will slow down as I have seen. It was so AWESOME to hear all that.  He said continue what your doing... Get your protien in, Get your Supplements In, Get your Liquids In, Get your Excersise in as you have been doing and you will continue on your way :)  

I know I have a LIFETIME to go with all of this but... I'm very excited as to where I am now.  Thank You all for listening to my rambling :)  Pictures Below :)

Alice P.
on 11/1/10 11:02 pm
You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!  Looking great too!
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

withgratitudelm
on 11/2/10 12:21 am - NJ
My goodness!!!!! What a success story.  You look wonderful!!!!  May God bless you now and always!!!! .  You are very motivational for me as I am just starting the process of preparing for the RNY. Thanks .  Lin
Tom C.
on 11/2/10 5:50 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
My goodness .. WHAT A LOSER  !!

CONGRATS !!!! And keep it up .. and off .... and

GO BACK FOR CHECK-UPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's means EVERYONE !!!!!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Barbi M.
on 11/3/10 4:37 am - Maplewood, NJ
Beyond Awesome!  Congrats!  I too am on my 1 year out with a terrific healthy report on my stats, I am down 106lbs.  I am already slowed to an almost discouraging weight loss plateau but like you, have healthy stats and that is the best thing I could have ever hoped for.  You look great!  Keep it up.

Most Active
Recent Topics