Need Help/Advice

beachsam1
on 10/20/10 12:57 am - Brick, nj
So I had RNY over 5 years ago, did really well the first 4 years, lost over 120 pounds, I lost my job out of work for over a year and became depressed and not disciplined any longer and the pounds piled back on, I have gained 50 back. I started looking at revision in July and went back to the office that did my original surgery, he suggested the Rose procedure. Had endoscopy and he submited to Horizon in Sept, they denied it on the 20th, supposedly they sent appeal. I called the appeal office today and was told no appeal was ever done. Spoke to Dr's office today and they Oh we just put it in 2 weeks ago, they probably lost it, that is very typical of Horizon??? So now I have come back to this board and read about the Rose, and not happy about the things I have read. So I need to find a Dr. that will do a revision, maybe a VSG? I know there are alot of proponets for the DS, but I'm really not looking to a 2/3 day hospital stay and any more than 2 weeks out of work, when I had my RNY I was back to work in 10 days.
I have lost confidence in the Dr's office and would really like to find someone within 50 mile of home. I live in the Bricktown area. Please Help!
bubblesrn
on 10/20/10 4:31 am

I wish you were not so far away because I know my surgeon's group could help you.  If Paramus NJ is not so bad for you, try them.  They do a lot of Rose procedures and VSG. Look them up. www.lap-associates.com.  Their next bariatric seminar is next Thursday, October 28th at Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ just off the NJ Turnpike.  Hope this helps. 

Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

Nannette
on 10/20/10 10:58 pm - Toms River, NJ
Hi -- would love to talk to you more in depth -- please plan on coming to our WLS support group on Friday, November 1st at Community Medical Center, in Toms River 7pm - Aud A -- there are a lot of people, including myself, that are in the same boat.

We can recommend Drs to see -- there are three in the surrounding area you might check out.
Hope to see you there.

Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

beachsam1
on 10/21/10 1:10 am - Brick, nj
Hi Nanette,
Would love to come to the group but will be in Jamaica till the 7th of November. Any way you can email those 3 Dr's names? Just so upset with my Dr's office right now.
cielle
on 10/24/10 3:29 am
I'm also in the Brick area and scheduled for a VSG with Dr. Washington in Freehold. He also does the Rose procedure.
Nannette
on 10/24/10 10:55 pm - Toms River, NJ
Stay away from Stomophx and Rose procedures -- waste of money and insurance won't approve anyway!  Also may prevent you from having other type of revisions in future --

From One Who Knows!
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

smile750
on 10/28/10 4:55 am - Bridgewater, NJ
I had RNY in December 2002 and did quite well - I lost 115 lbs then stalled at 170 lbs.  I'm tall so I was happy with the way I look though I would have liked to lose another 50.  Now jet ahead to 2008 and by this time I got married, bought a house, and had two children 18 months apart.  Needless to say, I gained about 1/2 the weight back and creeped back up to 250 through poor eating habits and no exercise. 

I was able to get a rose procedure at Monmouth Medical in Long Branch and lost weight while on the liquid diet recovery time.  Over the year though not much changed.  The rose procedure can easily be worked through - the plastic anchors that make your pouch and stoma smaller by gathering in tissue and making them the size back to when you had your surgery easily break off and pass through.

Now I'm happy to say that I've gotten serious again about losing the weight and exercising which helps me stay on track.  I'm down 40 lbs and steadily losing 1-3 lbs a week.

I seriously thought about a revision but realized that I've never resolved the issues that cause me to gain weight in the first place.  So.. I'm working with a therapist and approaching the non-surgical way.  I'm in no way sorry I had an RNY - I just need to use my tool to the best that I can now.
beachsam1
on 10/29/10 3:45 am - Brick, nj
Thank you for the information on the Rose procedure, looks like it really is a waste of time. My next avenue to explore is the VSG, my original Dr. does them but I'm just so unhappy with the follow through at the office. I'm away this week and will really think about what path to follow and where to go from here.
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/10 12:13 am - Green Brook, NJ
Hello!

Thanks for sharing your story! I know you must be so frustrated right now but have have you ever thought about possibly doing a medically supervised weight loss program? This way you could avoid surgery and further prevent any chances of  gaining the weight back. We just recently had a client who lost 110 lbs in 6 months all natural (with medical supervision) and she will be hosting a holiday party at our center. We are located at 217 Route 22 East Green Brook NJ 08812. We would love for you to attend the mtg! You may contact me at 732 968 0200.

Most Active
Recent Topics