1 Year Surgiversary

Chopper1
on 9/1/10 8:32 pm
 Good morning everyone,

Wow, it is so hard to believe that today is 1 year since I had my RNY surgery.  I am down a whopping 149 pounds!!!!  It's amazing how much my life has changed in this short period of time and how fast the year went by.

A year ago I was bombarded with issues such as horrible acid reflux, walking with a cane, depression and so many other issues.  I am truly a new man.  

The challenge now is to continue to maintain my weight loss.

What a terrific feeling.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Geoff
:-)

Alice P.
on 9/1/10 10:03 pm
Geoff-

Congratulations!! I am only 6 months out and already realizing what a challenge maintenance is going to be.  I am at that phase where the amount I eat has suddenly increased and my hunger and cravings are starting to return!!!! So I know I have to be careful.

Alice

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/10 12:41 am - Piscataway, NJ

~~C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S~~
You look wonderful and happy!
I've no doubt you can handle maintenance...

Michelle F.
on 9/2/10 3:40 am
Congratulaions Geoff!!!!
Brendan 2 Years :)
on 9/2/10 6:02 am

Geoff,

Congratulations on your Surgiversary and YOUR Success !!!

I to am just at my one year mark.  I totally understand where your coming from.  It so much better being part of life instead of jus****ching it.

Keep up the Great Work !!

Brendan

Chopper1
on 9/2/10 10:00 am
 All,

Thank you for your kind words.

Alice you are doing fantastic.  Yes I remember the point where my appetite increased as well, but I was always determined to make great choices.  I have a lot of onions and mushrooms with everything to fill me up.  :-)

Brendan  congrats on hitting the one year mark as well.  Yes you are soooo sooo right.  It is so much better to live life than watch it go by.  Congratulations!!

Geoff

maryc543
on 9/2/10 12:29 pm
Congrats!!!  Hope the next year brings you  nothing but good health and good times!   Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Tom C.
on 9/2/10 9:23 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Geoff,

CONGRATS  !! You have done extremely well, and are an inspiration to us all !!

It great to see such a successful LOSER !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Chopper1
on 9/2/10 9:40 pm
 Hey thanks Tom, how are you?  I hope all is well.

Tom C.
on 9/5/10 5:51 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I am doing well my friend. Without a computer, so getting on and viewing/answering is more of a chore than usual - but if that's the worst of it, I'm ok with that !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics