1 Year Post Op Report :) 1 Year Surgiversary !!

Brendan 2 Years :)
on 8/22/10 6:07 am
I don't get to post here often but I thought I would put it all out there for the surgiversary. 

I can't blelieve it!!  August 10th was my one year surgiversary !!  In so many ways it feels like yesterday but at the same time feels like forever ago.  The last year has just been a wild exciting ride.  I'll hit ya with the stats. 

I started loosing weight basically 2 months pre-op.  My top weight was 504lbs.  I lost 25lbs pre-op.  I'm down 235 lbs since that top weight.  Date of surgery I was 479 lbs.  I'm down 210lbs since surgery.  My personal goal when I started this journey was 250lbs.  At the time I made that goal I thought it was a dream.... Loosing half my body weight would be just fine... Right??  Well, 1 year later and I'm just 19lbs from that goal.  That being said, I think my goal is about 25lbs off.  I think I want to get to 225lbs now.  I'm 6'3" and I think that will be comfortable weight for me to maintain and live with.

All those stats being said... I'm still on my journey of loosing.  The loss has slowed but is still consistent.  I stick with protiens first and stay away from bad carbs as much as possible and get in my water.   I do have to say that I excersise ALOT.  A year ago I had a tough time making 4 minutes on a treadmill.  NOW... I routinely walk 4 miles in an hour.  

To all condidering or starting this journey ALL IS POSSIBLE.  Listen to the Dr.'s and Nutritionist.  Follow the rules.  Work on changing your mindset as much as your weight... Do this and it can and will all come together.  

I know I have a ways to go and then.... of course then maintain... But I'm soooooo excited to be so far on my way.  So many things have changed in the past year.  I'm so much more involved with life, not jus****ching it.  I fit in airplane seats, i routinely play (yes...i said PLAY - no****ch) baseball with my sons, been on amusement park rides and gone down water slides, excersise (and enjoy doing it - well, most fo the time LOL).... and so much more. 

Thanks all for listening to me ramble.  I hope you all are having a FANTASTIC weekend :)   

Brendan

lose4life
on 8/22/10 7:40 am - Toms River, NJ
Brendan - Happy Surgiversary and Congratulations!!
You've done an awesome job and a great thing for yourself and your kids. You should be VERY proud of yourself.
                    Kerry  - Finally in Onederland!!!

Life is a Beach
on 8/23/10 7:54 am
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
sugarpie
on 8/23/10 12:35 pm - Landing, NJ
Congrats!! Job well done!!

Tom C.
on 8/23/10 7:13 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Brendan,
WHAT A LOSER !!!  CONGRATS !! Thanks for sharing, and I marvel at your success!! 

Keep up (or off) the great work, and post often. You are an inspiration for many!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics