Boring post for many .. Couch to 5K - Day 3

Tom C.
on 8/16/10 9:03 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Today I did the 5 minute walk 3 minute job 5 minute walk routine.

I was thinking maybe I need to go a increase a little slower, but refuse to now because once I start making excuses I will keep on making excuses.

So my "new goal" is to continue following the program until I find it difficult, and then maybe take and extra day or two to get used to the “next step". And realize if it take me 11 - 12 - 15 weeks so be it .. it's not a race ... well, actually it IS :D !!

So that’s today’s post. ... Just keeping myself accountable

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/10 9:33 am - Piscataway, NJ
 Good for you Tom!

My personal reason for NOT jogging at all, is the effect of stress on my knees/joints.  My knees have endured carrying extra weight for so long, that I think jogging may actually cause more harm then good!

So I'm a big believer in increasing slowly, especially when you consider the years of inactivity (for you, maybe not so much). I walk a total of 50 minutes, a cross-country rhythm whi*****ludes different inclines. Gets the heart pumping, the calories burning, the sweat pouring. When it gets too 'easy' I up the speed. I also started doing some arm/weight lifty things (thats the technical term btw). 

I'm sure you want to continue with your plan, especially because you're feeling so OC...err...focused!  But taking things slower is probably a good idea. It shouldn't read "stay the course..." it should be "stay YOUR course..."  It may be a race to get the 5k success under your belt, but you have a lifetime of exercise ahead of you now; I just don't want you to become discouraged over a "time" promise you made to yourself when this is so much bigger than that! You know I'll be at the finish line cheering you on!

OMG, if your post was boring, I'm sure I've managed to put people into a coma...  xoxox Nance
Most Active
Recent Topics