First step - in many (I hope)

gracy72
on 8/13/10 11:14 am - newark, NJ

Today is Friday - how'd it go?

I am doing the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on 9/12 -it is a little more than 5K - it is 3.5 miles...would love to havde you on our team.

Keep on trucking Tom.....now go to the gym dang it! =)

Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

Tom C.
on 8/13/10 7:25 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Yesterday (Friday) was DAY 2 .. Did a little better then Wednesday, but still a long way to go. Will take the next two days off, and be back on Monday - Wednesday - Friday routine.

As for the 5K in about a month, doubt I will be ready - but that's for the invite.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
gracy72
on 8/13/10 9:03 pm - newark, NJ
YAY for you!  Keep going Tom!
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

big_ideas
on 8/14/10 5:47 pm - Randolph, NJ
Hey Tom!

It may be a little early for this, but I'm going to an info meeting for Team in Training at 6:30 on Monday night in Madison. Please join me if you're interested.

Team in Training is a group within the Leukemia Society that helps train people to run half and full marathons. Its a good program; Evan did it ten years ago.

Biggest downside is you have to raise money to enter, and those goals vary depending on the race you choose to run, since it also covers your travel and hotel. I'm eyeing the race in Dublin, but Evan says its too close in time and I won't be ready. That's why I'm going to the meeting...I have a lot of questions.

They make the fundraising easy. You get a page people can visit and make donations with their credit card. That part is the least of my worries!

Let me know if you want to go...

And congratulations on making this commitment. I may see you at PF. Even though I've been paying every month, I haven't been there since I don't remember when!

Butterfly618
on 8/15/10 6:54 am - NJ
Hay Tom just read your post and DH and I are on board.  We start day one tomorrow before dinner.  Maybe one day we can run together.  I will let you know how it goes tomorrow night.  You do the same.  Let's keep each other honest.  Wishing us both great success.  Thanks for the inspiration.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics