Dr. Alexander Abkin

Sheri A.
on 8/13/10 7:21 am
Dr. Abkin will be the new surgeon at the Bariatric Center, affiliated with JFK Medical Center...right now the office is in Plainfield. The office staff there is very nice, he will start seeing patients in Sept.
soblessed
on 8/13/10 9:21 am - NJ
Sheri:

Is he leaving Advanced Laprasopics?
---Tisha
wife to M
mom 2 Z

"Pray, hope and don't worry"---------- Padre Pio
Tom C.
on 8/13/10 11:37 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

An unnamed source – told me that no official agreement has been made between JFK and Doctor Abkin (actually Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons - so no need to worry about Doctor Abkin leaving ALSOM).

I hear that JFK would like to restart their bariatric program, and I can't think of a better group of Doctors. ALSOM's reputation as leaders in the bariatic field proceeds them.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
kmendezlpn
on 8/19/10 1:16 pm - Hudson, FL
Dr Abkin didn't do my gastric bypass but did perform an emergency hernia repair on me in Aug '09. I had just had my second baby and was having extreme adb. pain and went to St Claires Dover ER. The ER doc was not very experienced with gastric bypass pts so he decided to call Dr Abkins to consult. This was 4am. He ordered a CAT Scan and was at the hospital by 5:45 am. Again KNOWING I was NOT his patient.  He saved my life. The hernia had begun to strangulate, if I had gone to another ER or waited any longer I would have been in world of trouble. He had me in an OR and into recovery by 8am. He is a little "****y"........ Upon asking him about his credentials he said "Madam I am the head of the Bariatric Program here. I am the BEST" But as a medical professional myself I like a surgeon who is confident in his skills and knowledge.  The most amazing part of all of this was that at the time I had medicaid. Dr Abkins doesn't take medicaid. He rushed over to the hospital and allowed me follow ups at his office knowing he would be paid minimally or not at all!!!! GREAT SURGEON, GREAT MAN. 
Most Active
Recent Topics