tell me your experience with Horizon NJ Health

mhiggins
on 7/25/10 10:50 am
I have Horizon Nj Health thru NJ Family Care kinda like medicaid. How hard was it to get approved for WLS. I want the DS.
maryc543
on 7/25/10 12:24 pm
Nj BCBS  Horizon approved my DS after a policy change in 2006.  You have to read the actual policy for the Family Care and make sure WLS is not excluded.  What's you BMI?  Any co-morbidities?  Do you have a surgeon you want to use yet, and does he/she accept Horizon?
    Good Luck on this journey....     Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

mhiggins
on 7/25/10 10:21 pm
I have called my insurance and they say they cover WLS as long as i folow all the pre-reqs my dr orders, and i am. my bmi is 46.5, im in pretty good health but i do have sleep apnea, but i dont sleep with a machine or anything.
Im using Dr.Greenbaum in WIllingoro, and he accepts my incurance
Tom C.
on 7/26/10 1:31 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
SOUND LIKE YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY !! I will be saving a seat on the Loser's Bench in our Winner's Circle !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics