OT: NJ Trivia and follow-up question !! NJ DINERS !!

Tom C.
on 7/24/10 10:38 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
MY APOLOGIZES TO MARYC FOR STEALING ... errr .. DOING THIS !!

NJ is the HOME OF DINERS with over 600 of them. Most Diner cars seen all over our wonderful country were built in NJ.

With that said, what is your favorite DINER? Why? And what would you recommend? .. heck this may help future ICGT 

Ok, maybe not the BEST NJ Trivia to put on this board, but we do need to "learn to live normally" !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
maryc543
on 7/25/10 12:50 am
My favorite diner is the Heritage  Diner, in Hackensack, next to the Record newspaper building and the submarine, the USS Ling.  Why?  Because it's the one I grew up with, it's what I know,  and their 'early bird' dinner specials still make 2 meals for a post WLS person!  Such a deal!  The down side....  coffee is free refills, but they charge separately for each cuppa tea!  
    Yay to the ICGT group!   Mary

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

monkmoses
on 7/25/10 9:56 pm - Valyermo, CA
 Hi NJers!  I no longer live in NJ, but my favorite is still the Tic Toc on Rt 3 in Clifton.  I stop by there whenever I'm home in NJ.
gracy72
on 7/28/10 10:15 am - newark, NJ
I second the Tick Tock!  I woudl probably put it at my #1

#2 - Nevada Diner in Bloomfield
#3 State Street Diner (formerly Willie's) Diner in Bloomfield Center

Can you tell I have been to a few diners over the years
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

Butterfly618
on 7/26/10 2:54 am - NJ

We like going to Charles Ocean Grill on Friday night of Sunday afternoon.  It would be a great place for the ICGT because it is inexpensive and and great place, near the water. Check it out Tom maybe you can add it to your list of ICGT 

http://www.charleysoceangrill.com/index.html

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Nannette
on 7/28/10 7:00 am - Toms River, NJ
That would be a great location for an IGT -- and one that I could actually make it to!

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

ambo424
on 8/26/10 1:28 am - berkeley heights, NJ
scotchwood on rt 22 in scotch plains. it's close, delightfully tacky, and has great food.

on the topic of diners though, i'm sad to see more and more of them (and i'm basing this statement on rt 22 diners) dropping the 24/7 business hours. where else are you supposed to go after the bars close? white castle? p****hink not.

amy
ambo424
on 8/26/10 1:30 am - berkeley heights, NJ
On August 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM Pacific Time, ambo424 wrote:
scotchwood on rt 22 in scotch plains. it's close, delightfully tacky, and has great food.

on the topic of diners though, i'm sad to see more and more of them (and i'm basing this statement on rt 22 diners) dropping the 24/7 business hours. where else are you supposed to go after the bars close? white castle? p****hink not.

amy
i dont know why i was censored...i'll spell it out. i said "p-****hink not."
ambo424
on 8/26/10 1:31 am - berkeley heights, NJ
On August 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM Pacific Time, ambo424 wrote:
On August 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM Pacific Time, ambo424 wrote:

amy
i dont know why i was censored...i'll spell it out. i said "p-****hink not."
nevermind, i quit :) lol. these forums are too cautious.
Tom C.
on 8/26/10 6:28 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I would love to know what you wrote .. so maybe if you did it

T

H

I

S

way I could see what you wrote. OT - I used to be on another board, and it was so "cautious" each time someone would write the word ****tail or assessment it would come out as "bad spam"tail or "bad spam"ment.

So we embraced it.

So can't wait to see your "P-***hink"
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics