What is this Wegman's of which you speak????

maryc543
on 7/11/10 8:50 am
OK, OK...for years, I've read people on this board write about Wegmans...what a great store it is, how it carries just about everything, prices are fair, etc  etc  etc....  C;mon.....  I'm jealous.  Here in North Jersey, I have Shop Rite, Pathmark, Stop and Shop, Kings, and even a Whole Foods and Trader Joes  (but the one wtihout the wine license).  Is it really worth a trip just to see a Wegmans, or will it make me more jealous?    I may come to one of the support group meetings just to go early and wander around the store!
   What stores would you compare it to?   Thanks,  Mary

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/10 11:03 am - Piscataway, NJ
 Hi Mary!  The best store to compare that you're familiar with would be Kings. Just imagine Kings 4x the size. You can spend an hour just wandering around checking out the bakery, deli, meat and seafood departments. The cheese, produce and organic sections will take another hour. Wegmans also is known for their seating area, where you can get a meal (fresh pizza, salad bar, sushi bar, even a chinese food buffet), sit upstairs, and watch the people shop while you listen to piano music.  I'd have to say, they do not carry everything. In fact, the items they carry are quite limited compared to a ShopRite. Plus, prices are comparable when it comes to the items in 'center store' -- it's the aforementioned departments where you'll get drained of your money quick!  It's definitely an experience...so if you ever come down this way, plan at least two hours just to wander around and take it all in!
ebonyfigueroa
on 7/19/10 8:52 am
hi we went to the same doc what time is the support group and were is it
yessss i go in with DR. BILOF .....   THANKS DOMINGA   WWW.GARDENSTATEBARIATRICS.COM  MAY GOD BE WITH ME THIS DAY AND ANY OTHER DAY IM SO HAPPY I CRY AS I WRITE THIS YESSSSSS PLS FEE FREE TO SHARE ANY AND EVERYTHING WITH ME
Butterfly618
on 7/21/10 8:42 am - NJ
Wegmens support Group Every Monday  of  a month but the first at 7pm  Come and meet us..  Wegmens of Woodbridge 

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Life is a Beach
on 7/11/10 12:21 pm
I've never been either Mary but I hope to make it to one of the support meetings there soon. For now though I'm taking a "Learn to Knit" class on Mondays this month so maybe next month. Any and all support keeps me on the right path!
Fran
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/10 12:54 pm - NJ
zomigod!  Wegmans is like the mecca of food stores!  Picture Whole Foods without the sticker shock (on most things), along with a liquor store (at least the one I go to in Bridgewater!).

I am not sure where the one is where the group from here goes, but the one in Bridgewater is my favorite (next to the one I first went to near Scranton, PA; my parents had a house out there).

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/10 2:47 am, edited 7/17/10 2:47 am - Near The Ocean, NJ
Hi, I was born and raised in Scranton.  My folks lived on Margaret Avenue, and later moved to Oak Street, which became a major highway once the mall opened there, so they moved to Clark Summit and that is where they retired.  Small world.  I no longer live in Scranton, but it will always be home.  There isn't much work there though for sure.  It used to be huge coal country...but no more.  Nice to meet you.
Butterfly618
on 7/21/10 8:42 am - NJ
Wegmens support Group Every Monday  of  a month but the first at 7pm  Come and meet us..  Wegmens of Woodbridge

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics