Thursdays Thoughts 07/01/10

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/10 12:46 am - Piscataway, NJ

The homing pigeon intrigues me...  So, you like...found a piece of paper tied to its leg with the owners phone number? Now that it's at your house he doesn't fly back home ever? I guess I don't understand the point. I'll have to google/wiki !!  Thats so cool!

Considering_It
on 7/2/10 4:15 am
On July 2, 2010 at 7:46 AM Pacific Time, aNEWchapter wrote:

The homing pigeon intrigues me...  So, you like...found a piece of paper tied to its leg with the owners phone number? Now that it's at your house he doesn't fly back home ever? I guess I don't understand the point. I'll have to google/wiki !!  Thats so cool!

The bird (sadly) flew away this morning after 2 days of R&R at our B&B.  DS and I are a little disappointed....but maybe it will be the start of a new hobby for us. 

The bird had a band around it's leg w/ identifying info - I was able to look up the info on the internet, and got in touch with the company that sold the band.  They gave me the owner's contact info,and I called him.  Bird is 5 months old and was on it's first test flight when it got lost or tired and wound up with us.  Somehow the bird knows the way home, no matter where it is released from, and there are actual races for $$.  It's apparently a pretty popular hobby.

Google it - lots of interesting stuff to learn about.  I keep looking outside hoping it comes back. LOOL
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/10 5:39 am - Piscataway, NJ
Awwwww....he left you. Although, that is TOO COOL! I hope he comes back to visit. Probably just on the holidays tho! 
Considering_It
on 7/2/10 8:03 am
Got a message that the bird found his way home.
We hope for another visit, although it's unlikely :(
Most Active
Recent Topics