Internal Hernia

pinkfrogg67
on 6/27/10 12:16 am
Hi everyone!
I  had my gastric bypass done on 12-31-08  and  just had surgeryl last Monday.. for an internal hernia (my bowels were twisted as well the surgeron said !)    I have had a couple of complications.. but. I was wondering why a hernia?????  Is it something that just happens or is it something i did wrong?????   If someone knows  about hernias... I would appreciate some output here :)  thanks!!
hockeymom8016
on 6/27/10 12:24 am - NJ
When you have surgery the wall of your abdomen is weakened and you can get a hernia. I got mine after my gall bladder was removed and before my RNY. It can happpen after any abdominal surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/10 1:55 am - Piscataway, NJ
 Oh April...you could NEVER do any wrong! :)

Our friend Chrissy and you had hernia surgeries just days/weeks apart and I suspect from some pain I've been experiencing, I might have one as well.  I've read a lot on these boards from people who have experienced hernias -- it's definitely a risk associated with WLS, but not all people suffer the complication. 

I hope you're feeling better with each passing day!!  I'm fairly local, so let me know if there's anything I can do!  PS/There's an Inconvenient Get Together in the Union area this Wednesday...let me know if you want more details...I'd love to see you again! :)

Hugsssss....Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics