Preop diet and Nausea

gia718
on 6/25/10 2:00 pm
I am less than 2 weeks away from my lap band surgery...I have to be on a preop diet that I started on Tuesday.  Since this diet I have been feeling nauseous..I am allowed 4 shakes a day (which I am on Jay Robb), salad and raw veggies, pudding (sf), yogurt, jello and applesauce and also oatmeal/cream of wheat...I am having a difficult time with the nausea...I am wondering if I am allowed to take chicken broth and throw in some carrots and celery..I guess that would be ok. and make like a soup.....did anyone else go through this?  I am craving food but dealing with it ok besides the crankiness!
adam_
on 6/25/10 10:40 pm - Boynton Beach, FL
Hi Gia! Sorry you're not feeling well. Hopefully you're not getting sick...take LOTS of vitamins for the next two weeks to stay healthy!  I have a feeling it could be the protein not agreeing with you...if you've never done protein before they can take some getting used to...also depending on the type/quality they could cause stomach issues....I'm not familiar w/ the Jay Robb...but a quick google showed its $25/lb...wow, not cheap...so I'm guessing its fairly good quality....I would try to nail it down to see what's making you feel like that if possible.  Keep your head  up...Jen and I are here if you need anything!

-Adam

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

gia718
on 6/26/10 12:11 am
Hey Adam, Thanks for the post.  I do beleive it is the protein.  I have not been taking my vitamin due to the nauseousness but I am going to start taking it tonight...I went with the Jay Robb and it is very costly.  I have been drinking the chocolate because the vanilla was really making me sick....As you know firsthand this is not an easy process, but I refuse to give up..(did think about it a few times, but I know how unhappy I am now and want to live a healthier and better lifestyle).  Thanks for the support...You and Jen are great!!! My husband thinks you guys should run the meeting! LOL...Only have one week from Tuesday left and I am on my way..getting nervous, but excited as well! Have a great weekend!
Nannette
on 6/28/10 12:08 am - Toms River, NJ
Hey Gia -- sorry you're having a rough time -- I agree with Adam -- definately take your vitamins -- it will also help prevent some hair loss later on too.  To answer your question, I would imagine that yes you can add chicken broth as long as it has been 'de-fatted' -- let the fat rise to the top when cool and skim off, then re-heat for yourself.  If the carrots are very small, OK - but stay away from the celery -- you don't want the 'strings' from the celery right now.

Crankiness and nervousness are all normal -- hang in there -- we've all been where you are, and it's worth it in the end!

See you soon.
Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Most Active
Recent Topics