REFUND I PAID OUT OF POCKET JFK DR JB HELP

Juanita09
on 6/11/10 5:59 am
I NEED  HELP I PAID OUT OF POCKET AND WAS LIED TO MY HUSBAND INSURANCE IS GREAT I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD TO PAY THIS MONEY ALL TO FIND OUT THE MONEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN COLLECTED I REACHED OUT TO THE DOCTOR OFFICE AND JFK HOSPITAL EVERYONE IS POINTING THE FINGER I SMELL LAWSUIT DR JB IS A GREAT DOCOTOR BUT I STILL WANT MY MONEY BACK PLS READ.

I paid out of pocket $1950.00 which I was told for JFK gym and Nutritional counselor yes the checks were made to the doctor Jean- Baptites on JFK letter head. I went to the support meeting and was given a form to fill out to be refunded my money. I spoke to Lisa L over at JFK who told me my information was being worked out and that I should be reimburse soon that has been about two months ago. I also spoke to Christine at the bariatric center who stated that we should be receiving a letter which again I never got. About 3 weeks ago Scott G ( Administor} stated that no refund will be issued and that we can use the gym and nutritional counselor I told Scott that I have good insurance and that I could have used my own counselor which only would have been a $15.00 copay and that I have a membership at plantness fitness and that I want my money. I asked Lisa L from JFK if I should get a lawyer she stated no just allow more time. It has been close to 4 months now I have to take legal action and not for nothing the support group is the one that issued the refund form I will be in attendance at the next meeting I want answers and my money . I feel this this whole manner was very rude and stressful If anyone else is interested in legal action please let me know. JFK have to take responsibility for this two this was a doctor under there privilege and Im sick of getting the run around they had me fax all my check and recites all for them to now say you can use our gym and counselor that’s fraud the paper states no insurance will cover this out of pocket expensive and that was a LIE

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/10 1:43 am - Piscataway, NJ
Wow. I would say, get a copy of the cancelled check. Whatever institute cashed the check is the one you need to pursue, leave all others out of it.  Get names, and start getting all communications in writing (NO MORE PHONE CALLS!). In fact, I find that letting them know that everything needs to be in writing for my attorneys file usually helps resolve things, because people really dislike being accountable these days! :)  Best of luck Juanita...it will take time, but, you shouldn't have to involve a lawyer.
Nannette
on 6/13/10 11:43 pm - Toms River, NJ
Dr JB has a rep for this -- yes, he's a good surgeon, but he has been cited by Medicare and done the same thing to others.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Most Active
Recent Topics