PLASTICS! Am I really here?

bunnyhunnie
on 6/6/10 12:17 pm

I had to make a new account I got locked out of my old one..soo a little background infor

I am 5'2, starting weight in March of 2009 was 256 pounds.  I haven't met my surgeons goal yet, which is 120-130 pounds.  I am currently 1 year and 3 months post-op at 145 pounds.  I am doing very well, my only "issue" is low iron which I take perscription suppliments for.  That aside, I'm happy, HEALTHY! and doing veryyy well :)

Ok...Plastics?!!?!

I think I am ready for plastics, my weight has been 145-150 for about 4-5 months now so I am stable.  I believe I can lose more weight if I was trying harder.  I'll admit I have been slacking, and snacking.  Still keeping it healthy and high protein most of the time.  Anyways, I want to know about any Jersey, Philly, or New Yorkers who have had plastics in the area.  Dr reccomendations, reviews, costs etc.   Thankfully, I haven't had alot of excess skin, my arms and thighs I can deal with, the boobs and stomach need an OVERHAUL! I've seen much worse, but seeing I have come so far it'd be nice to not have a pouch on top of my pouch :)

Hope everyone is having a greatttt day!

rbb825
on 6/6/10 3:23 pm - Suffern, NY
My surgeon told me that you need to be at goal for a year.  If you are going to have surgery and then decide to lose another 25 pounds, your skin is only going to get lose again. So you have to decide if you want this to be your goal.  He also said you need more than 4 months for your skin to settle and you to remain at a stable weight.

Nannette
on 6/6/10 11:32 pm - Toms River, NJ
Check out my profile -- have lots of info on my plastics journey during 2005 --

Also, I highly recommend Dr Joe Capella in Ramsey, NJ as your PS surgeon -- he's great -- I checked out five other PS before deciding on him even though he was the furthest from me.

Good luck on your journey

Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

reillye
on 6/7/10 6:00 am
I had a body lift and breast lift 8 weeks ago.  Let me assure you, this is NOT something you want to do twice.  I probably could have lost 5 lbs more (if I had really worked at it) before I had the surgery, but I had been stable for about 12-15 months.  

I'd say go for a few more months and then see about plastics.  Best of luck to you!

Eileen
Most Active
Recent Topics