dr. washington; dr. binenbaum and info?

njnancy
on 5/21/10 11:56 am
Has anyone heard of either.  The good, bad and ugly welcome.
ShoreToLose
on 5/22/10 12:08 am, edited 5/22/10 12:14 am - Brick, NJ
Yes !!!! I met with Dr. Washington Yesterday. He's Awesome. Confidant, without arrogance. I totally trust him. Super nice guy. He really made me feel at ease. I could have sat there for hours and listened to him talk. It sucks you basically only meet once right before the surgery, but I guess that's just the way it works.

The reason why I selected him was his reputation preceded him and his particular surgery technique.

I'll explain, so follow me. This is very important!!!!!!

This is in regards to the procedure I selected. RNY.

He explained to me, when he creates the Stoma, he creates it only 5 cm big. He hand sutures it. And that is one of his specialties. Laproscoptic suturing.

Now, he said most surgeons use a stapler device. Now, the stem of that stapler device is 10 cm. Which means the Stoma they are creating is already 10 cm.

Now he me told the Stoma will stretch over time to almost double it's size. So, the surgeons that use this stapler device, the Stoma can stretch to 20cm. Or double it's original size. Thus creating basically a black hole if you will, straight from your mouth, right into the small intestine.

Now when he creates his, it's 5 cm and may stretch to 10cm over time. Thus being  twice as small as what the stapled Stoma may stretch too. Now of course any Stoma/pouch may stretch if you over abuse it. So let's factor that in.

I asked him then why do some surgeons do that. He basically said it's because suturing the Stoma is a hard technique and requires skill that some surgeons just don't have, or are too lazy.

It was quite fascinating.

1st Goal: 190 lbs. - Achieved 8/3/2010
2nd: Goal: 165 lbs. - `Achieved 11/2/2010
Ilisa D.
on 5/22/10 11:16 am - Marlboro, NJ
Dr. Washington performed my lap band just over 2 years ago.  Have been very happy with my band, have no regrets.  I knew exactly what I was getting into with the band, did lots of research and would do it again in a heartbeat.  I have no complaints about Dr. Washington, but I will tell you that he will not be doing your fills.  The PA's do the fills now.  When I was in my active fill process, there were other doctors in the practice who did my fills, Dr. Washington NEVER did a fill.  I personally did not have a problem with that as I liked the other doctor who I was seeing.  He has since left the practice, and I have only had once fill since by the PA and had no problem.  As long as you know what to expect, as far as your follow up you wont be disappointed. 

PM if you have any other questions.

Ilisa
njnancy
on 5/22/10 10:13 pm

Thanks.  I am banding by Dr. Washington on Wednesday.  Getting very excited!

Most Active
Recent Topics