Back from 2 weeks in Italy.... travel after WLS rocks!!!

maryc543
on 5/20/10 1:27 am
Sorry I've been among the missing....  I spent 2 weeks touring (and walking) Italy.  Having lost so much weight made this trip GREAT!!!!   I could walk the pathways in Venice, get in and out of a gondola, tramp up and down every rocky path in Pompei, roam every inch of the Coliseum and the forum,  and wander thru Capri without feeling like every person was staring out me because of my size....  LOL....  now they stared because of my camera equipment and and maps...LOL.
Traveling after losing weight is so much easier!  I didn't have to be concerned about fitting in chairs, being able to keep up with the group, stopping to rest often, and even MORE clothes fit into a suitcase!   I had a great time, and sorry I missed the get together!  Catch you all at the next one!  Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Tom C.
on 5/21/10 1:15 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
You were missed !! Glad to have you back, and to tell about your journey to Italy. I would love to talk to you about it. I am saving my pennies, and plan to go for my 50th. My grand scheme is to stay a month, and see the entire country. We'll see ;D
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
gracy72
on 5/22/10 11:05 am - newark, NJ
Welcome back - that must have been an amazing trip!  I love Europe and hope to get to Italy one day.

Travel to Europe was my decviding factor for WLS.  I was in France and Spain on business for 3 weeks - my husband came to meet me in Paris for a long weekend and I realized as we walked around Paris that  we were the fattest people in the country - literally! 

Can't wait to go back and see Europe again through thinner eyes!  So glad you had a fabulous trip!

Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

Most Active
Recent Topics