Abdominal Pain Concerns

GERALDINE B.
on 5/19/10 1:21 pm - TRENTON, NJ
I am nearly two years post bypass surgery.  Since November, 2009 and up until this past Wednesday, I have been have some painful bouts with gas, abdominal pain, nausau.  The pain is so severe at times, that I'm in the E/R.  My last E/R visit cause a three day hospital stay.  I've had every test known to man and still, they can't tell me what's causing the severe pain, bloating and extreme gas discomfort.  I am constantly burping and I have to pass gas "uncontrollably" all the time.  And some times, the release of gas is so pungent, it makes me sick to the stomach, let alone the others who smell it. . .  It is soooo embarrassing!!!   Can anyone who is a bypass survivor that has experienced this problem "Help me, please"?????
bunnyhunnie
on 6/6/10 6:15 am
i have had extreme constipation where i thought I was going to explode.  it sounds like what you might be experiencing.  are you going number 2 on the regular?  id skip days and my gas would be...yeah gross to say the least.  if you aren't going on the regular i'd suggest a laxative, which will work in 12 hrs, in a day you should be much more comfortable.  Activia, fiber, and LOTS OF WATER.  Make sure you see your doctor with help to make sure it goes away.  Good luck I hope that helps
Most Active
Recent Topics