2 Day Avon Walk in NY ~ 39 miles

checkitout
on 5/17/10 11:40 am - Newton, NJ
Hello Everyone,

I have decided to do the 2 day walk this year, I am so excited to do it! I know I can do it I just need some support ~ I know it is early since the walk is not till October but I want to raise as much as I can and I really really want to participate..

I am required to raise a MINIMUM of $1800 to be able to walk so I am asking for help...  my link is below, the funds go directly to AVON and do not go to the walker at all so please click and donate.

Thank you for your support.

Stella

http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/shrinkingstella
Nannette
on 5/18/10 1:40 am - Toms River, NJ
Good luck Stella -- I attempted the walk two years ago, and unfortunately blew out my right knee about 14 miles into it the first day.  The knee was already in bad shape and I just finished it off.  Last year I drove one of the Sweep Vans that pick up injured or just plain tired walkers, and I will be doing it again this year too -- so look for me.  My Van will be decorated with bras and state license plates from around the country.

Good luck
Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

checkitout
on 5/18/10 12:04 pm - Newton, NJ

Thank you, I am so excited about doing the walk this year. I think of it as a tribute to my new found health. I never could have done the walk 2 years ago and I truly believe I will be able to complete the event this year. 

I only registered two days ago and I have already raised a reasonable amount of money so it looks pretty good. I hope to see you at the wellness village.

Thank you for your well wishes.

Stella

Most Active
Recent Topics