My Surgery is Monday May 17th!!!!!

tryingtogodown
on 5/14/10 2:15 am - South Plainfield, NJ
So I'm just about there.  Just 3 days away from Surgery Day.  The day that I will start my new life.  My band life.  And hopefully I'll be so successful that I'll be posting more and more great things in the days, and weeks and months to come.  It's funny......... I'm like the best patient, but always nervous before anything.  So I put off the EGD (endoscopy) till basically the last minute which was very easy.  Had that last week and it was so fast, and easy.  So that was about it.  The last of what needed to be done for my pre-op requirements.  My Dr.'s office called me a few weeks ago and told me that the insurance had approved it.  So that was the best news I could have gotten in a long time!  I was so thrilled to get that call.  At times I've been thinking when a good time would be.  See my sister is having a baby any second (and my parents are a huge part of my support system since I'm a single mom with 4 kids) and my oldest is graduating from HS in June.  But I though about it, and ............. well, there will never be a perfect time.  So I talked to my boss, and I just basically took the next day my Dr. had.  I'd love to be able to get back to work ASAP, but I took a week of my vacation to start, and we will see how things go.  I will keep posting and just want to add.......... thank you so much to all of my OH friends.  You have been such a great support system and so helpful with examples and answers and just listening.  I really hope to be able to give back to this group by sharing my experiences and all.

Tom C.
on 5/14/10 3:03 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I will be polishing your seat on the Loser's Bench in the Winner's Circle all weekend long. Can't wait to see you on it come Monday !!

Good luck !! Relax, and don't fret !! And come back when you can and let us know how it went.

And always know WE'RE HERE FOR YOU !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
GntleJ
on 5/15/10 10:08 am
There is nothing to be affraid of.... Your surgeon will take care of you and everything will be a breeze..... WELCOME to the club..
dbabyc2192
on 5/15/10 11:31 am - Clifton, NJ
good luck I have mine on Nov 16 I cant waite just in time for Thanksgiving I say a paryer for you
tryingtogodown
on 5/16/10 3:53 am - South Plainfield, NJ
Thank you everyone for your well wishes!  I am having trouble sleeping due to being so excited/nervous about Mon.!  Honestly though this site has been such a help and support, I'm really happy that I found it.  Without this site, I wouldn't have found my surgeon (I had to switch) and going to the seminar at ALS, and hearing from you Tom, well, let's just say that it educated me a lot. These 2 things really helped me make my decisions to change my Dr. and use ALS, and also to go with the banding (with the Dr. I started with, he was pressuring me to do RNY) and for my reasons, with this site's support and your talk Tom, I did decide on banding.

I am really looking forward to starting my new "banded" life!  I'll keep everyone posted on how I do.......... & good luck to my "shared bandiversary" buddies!  I'll be thinking of you as well! 

I also cannot wait to finally go to a live support group and an "inconvenient get together"!  So far I haven't been able to make one, but once I am on the mend, it will be high on the list of my priorities!  Thanks for always including me on invites each and every time......... sooner than later I will be RSVPing YES!

WE ARE TAKING OUR 1st STEP TOWARD A HEALTHIER LIFE!!!

whosthatgirl
on 5/16/10 11:06 pm
Today is the day!! Congrats!!!! Good luck!

My weight loss video/blog:
Whosthatgirl.Nu

Considering_It
on 5/17/10 4:43 am
Good luck :)  Hope that your recovery is smooth sailing :)
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 9:27 am - NJ
You will do fine - Dr. Bertha is my surgeon and is fabulous!!  

tryingtogodown
on 5/17/10 10:02 am - South Plainfield, NJ
Happy to report I am home and walking, resting, & sipping! I really feel pretty good and I am so excited to be at this part of my journey! Thanks everyone for your support and well wishes!

Tom C.
on 5/17/10 9:51 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hey Kiddo -- glad to see you on the Loser's Bench in the Winner's Circle. We are sooooo happy you're here, and feeling well.

Know we'll be here if and when you need us.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics