Demesvar A. Jean-Baptiste ????

gabbinggal
on 5/3/10 9:05 am

I am new to the forums and just beginning to research doctors for Lap Band surgery, Dr. Jean Baptiste is one of the only doctors that accepts my insurance in the area. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/10 12:23 am
I have read previous posts about Dr. J-B, however, I am scheduled for surgery on Monday (5/10) and was NOT asked to pay anything out of pocket (except for my ins. copays).  Schedule an appointment with him and see what you think.  Ask him all the questions you have (and even the ones that were brought up on this forum).  He's a straight shooter and will tell you like it is.  I read in other posts that people were complaining that he had "disappeared" however, I found him quite easily by looking at his page on this site.  It has his current office address and phone number listed in plain sight.  So, I'm not sure where people got the idea that he had vanished.

Email me if you'd like to talk further...
tryingtogodown
on 5/7/10 12:56 am - South Plainfield, NJ
http://www.solarishs.net/bsc/

This was his website and staff just 2 or 3 months ago.  He was the "Director of bariatric surgery" at JFK hospital in Edison and his office was located in Muhlenberg hospital.  That was his website and that is him.  One day they had a "Bariatric Surgery" program, and the next day.............. hush hush, gone, all surgeries cancelled and patients left in the dark as to where or how they could continue on their journey.  It happened to a whole practice of patients and that is a fact.  That is all I am saying.

jade1145
on 5/16/10 12:28 am
 Had my surgery last week. Dr. JB is the man! He's very nice and there is no more fee to pay. That used to be in the good ol days of JFK.

He's at Somerset Bariatrics now in Watchung on Mountain Blvd.

Feel free to message me if you have any more questions.

If you pick him, you are in good hands!
Both praise and blame cause concern,
For they bring people hope and fear.
The object of hope and fear is the self
For, without self, to whom may fortune and disaster occur?
Therefore,
Who distinguishes himself from the world may be given the world,
But who regards himself as the world may accept the world.
-Verse 13, Self, Tao Te Ching

No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Nietzsche

njnyman
on 5/20/10 11:54 am
JFK did not collect any fee money.  The doctor did.  The checks were made out to him.
jade1145
on 5/20/10 2:04 pm
Never said jfk collected money. If they did maybe they wouldn't be eliminating their bariatric program.
Therefore,

tryingtogodown
on 5/16/10 4:20 am - South Plainfield, NJ
Congratulations Jade on your surgery & so good to hear that you are doing well!  I have heard from many people who are very satisfied with Dr. Jean-Baptiste.  I in no way am trying to bash him.  I'm just trying to share if I can my experience with what happened in my case.

Out of curiosity, what hospital is he operating out of now?

jade1145
on 5/20/10 2:00 pm
He's with Morristown Memorial hospital.
Therefore,

tryingtogodown
on 5/23/10 2:10 am - South Plainfield, NJ
If anyone did their research correctly, they would know why JFK does not have a Bariatic Program anymore.  It's public knowledge.

Most Active
Recent Topics