Test

ShoreToLose
on 4/29/10 10:27 am, edited 5/4/10 6:53 am - Brick, NJ

Tom C.
on 4/29/10 5:54 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Those are your records and you are entitle to them. However they can charge you for the documents, per page. I know my PCP will charge 10 cents per page, and with my chart it could settle the country deficit ;D.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
ckb70
on 4/29/10 11:16 pm - Morrisville, PA
Some of my doctors have outside companies come in a copy the files and charge $1 per page up to $100.  Personally I think it's outrageous that they can charge you for your own file...do what you have to do to get the best doctor for you. 

When I was 36 weeks pregnant I changed my OBGYN and delivered 2 weeks later...did not have any problems doing it either.  Good Luck!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
tryingtogodown
on 4/29/10 11:52 pm, edited 4/29/10 11:53 pm - South Plainfield, NJ
I had to do this.  And, your medical records are your legal documents and property.  By law, a Dr. has to give them to you.  Here is the letter that I sent to them 3 times before they finally mailed me all of my records (which took 3 months)

Fax it to them every day if you have to. (by law they do have 30 days to fill a records request, but if they are not too busy in that office, technically it does not take a lot of time to copy and mail medical records, so it can be done earlier!)  By the way, I was successful in this process and am scheduled for my lap band procedure on May 17!.
    2nd Request!!!       November 25, 2009       
Fax To:       (XXX) XXX-XXXX 

Dear Dr. XXXXXXX,

I am writing to request copies of all of my medical records including the Nutritional evaluation and the Psychological evaluation to be mailed to me. 

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter. You can mail my medical records to my home address as listed on the above letterhead.   Sincerely,       (your name)

good luck!

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 5/1/10 4:41 am
Having your recourds forwarded from one doctor to another should not be a problem.

Your new doctor could have you sign a release and then request them for you.  Dr to Dr sometimes goes better.

You can also ask the nutritionist and the Psychologist to forward their reprots to another doctor.  You would have to sign a release but there should not be an extra charge!

Good luck

Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Most Active
Recent Topics