Asking for your help....

knailnhair
on 4/27/10 12:48 am - Milford, NJ
I'm trying to get back on track. I was banded May 2009, have lost a total of 49ish lbs and 27 inches. Not great in my book but that's another story.

Do you weigh or measure your meals? If so, how much protein to you eat at a meal or do you go by 1 cup of veggies or 1/2 meat? Do you count calories? I know my Doctor has all this information and has provided it to me...I'm just wondering what those of you who are living with the band are doing and how you've succeeded.

I will say I normally have a salad at lunch, I don't weigh it or measure it, I think I'm eating too much....so if you were to have a salad do you measure out every ingredient that is in the salad or just the salad as a whole?

I've been in a funk for about 5 months, looking back its wasted time on my part but that's life...time to stop dwelling and move on. Yes, I'm feeling lost and alone, altho I have a great support team. Doesn't make sense I know.

Unfortuneately the doc forgot to put the band around my head as well as my stomach.

Thanks in advance for all your help.....

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

XOXOXO
on 4/27/10 1:31 am
knailnhair
on 4/27/10 1:53 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks so much XOXOXO for your reply....I'm finding cheese is becoming my best friend but it has adverse effects in "other" areas...LOL

Kimi

sweetmolasses314
on 4/27/10 2:10 am - tuckerton, NJ
1st of all you have to look at your success so far and be proud of your self  :-)

i don't weigh my foods but i do consider the general size of what I'm eating. no matter what I'm eating, i try to keep it under  6 to 7 oz..... for the most part I'm eating the same stuff i used to eat, just much smaller amounts. i don't go crazy trying to get my protein or vitamins, but i do take supplements daily...hopefully this helps

knailnhair
on 4/27/10 3:50 am - Milford, NJ
WOW....sweetmolasses314....you've done an amazing job!!! I'm so happy for you! I guess if I have to question if I'm eating to much at one sitting, than I probably am.....so I'm going to really cut my portions in half unless it's my protein. Really listen to my body and when I get to that full stage, I stop...if I'm hungry again in 2 hours ok, I'll have some more. Thanks so much for replying!!

Kimi

gracy72
on 4/28/10 1:57 am - newark, NJ
I am still on the newbie end of the bench, but I feel your pain.  I have lost more weight before surgery than I have since.

Not a lot of wisdom in this post , but lots of hugs and support - let me know if you need anything.
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

knailnhair
on 4/28/10 2:18 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks so much love!!! I really appreciate that.....anything I can do to help you??? We miss you at the dinners!!!

Kimi

rbb825
on 4/28/10 3:13 pm - Suffern, NY
Sometimes we slow our metabolism by not eating enough but it is when we eat and what we eat.  You can maximize your metabolism by eating 6 small meals a day. Each meal should have some type of protein in it.  A salad is fine for a meal but make sure it has some grilled chicken or some deli meat or some shrimp on it.  Another meal can be some yogurt and a banana or strawberries and a half an english muffin with a slice of cheese.  For a snack (1 of the meals) have 2 cheese sticks and a piece of fruit.  For another meal - 4 oz of meat/chicken/fish, a vegetable and a small salad.

You are eating often, so you won't get hungry.

knailnhair
on 4/29/10 1:01 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks for the advice rbb825....eating for me has become a chore lately. I'm trying to turn things around and eat something every 2 hours, even if it's a cheese stick. I guess it's all part of the process. Thanks again!

Kimi

Redhead7977
on 4/29/10 12:48 am - NJ
Kimi
When was the last time you had a fill?
I find that salads give me a problem digesting them and when I do they don't really fill me. I read this book and it really helped me to know what really works for eating and this doctor stresses Protein first and I find that when I eat my protein and than vegetables I am full with 4-5 ounces at a meal.  You can get it on amazon really reasonalble, I bought my book used from them for less than $20.  Every time I feel like I am getting at a stand still I open the book.
Hope this suggestion helps
IULTIMATE LAP-BAND SUCCESS
Joann
Most Active
Recent Topics