Primary Doctor Recommendation needed

big_ideas
on 4/26/10 10:13 pm - Randolph, NJ
Hi All!

I am two years plus post RNY, and I'm getting very tired of explaining my new system to my doctors. Besides, I'm afraid that I will forget something, or that there's something I don't know that a doctor treating me should know.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a doc who is familiar with, and has experience treating, post bariatric surgery patients.

I don't care if the doctor is male or female, but they need to have an office in Morris County and take Aetna.

If you have a doctor you love, please share his/her name. I would greatly appreciate it!

Big_Ideas (aka Linda)

hockeymom8016
on 4/26/10 10:36 pm - NJ
My PCP is great, in Morris County, takes Aetna and is the one *****commended me to my surgeon. He has a lot of post-op gastric bypass patients. He used to be a sole practitioner but joined with a group a number of years ago. I love him. Only problem is that he is older and in my estimation not too far from retirement. Sometimes you end up having to wait a while when you make an appointment so I try to make them first thing in the am. If you want more information call or email me.

big_ideas
on 4/26/10 10:44 pm - Randolph, NJ
Thanks hon. I'm not sure I still have your info, but if I can't find it I'll send you a PM. Hope all is well!

Linda

hockeymom8016
on 4/26/10 10:54 pm - NJ
All is well Linda. Thanks. I hope all is well with you as well.

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/10 11:11 pm - NJ
Hey Linda - I have a great PCP in East Hanover, *****commended my surgeon to me.  He is very familiar with RNY and it's nice that I don't have to explain or remind him every time I go that I have RNY.  

I know EH may a bit far from you though.

PM if you want the info.

checkitout
on 4/28/10 3:29 pm - Newton, NJ
Hi Linda,

I love my PCP, her name is Jamie Pietka. She is part of a group in Budd Lake called Lakeview Medical. She worked with me to get me approved and did my 6 month diet.. I love the office, I normally don't have to wait long and it is a family practice and the main Dr. is a DO so they take a whole body aproach.. There are a total of three in the practice only one is a male... he is nice too.. but Pietka is my fav.

Thanks,
Stella
big_ideas
on 4/28/10 10:08 pm - Randolph, NJ
Thank you so much Stella. I will call the office and see if they take my insurance. I'm really glad you found someone you trust with your health!

Best,
Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics