June 26, - a "free" Family Health and Weight-loss Festival

Tom C.
on 4/9/10 2:38 am, edited 4/13/10 5:55 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Just found out there will be an event for the bariatric community. It's hosted by the Program for Life group, and will be held at the Headquarter Plaza Hyatt Hotel in Morristown.

While it's free for everyone, they are taking donations which all proceeds (after event cost) goes to the Childhood Obesity related Programs.

Khaliah Ali is expected to be there; along with other dignitaries. There will be chef teaching cooking; nutritionists; raffles and fun for kids of all ages. They are also planning a fashion show - which may be either done by professionals or use regular folks showing off our new bodies - or both.

For more information, go to

anewyouforever-pfl.eventbrite.com/

*** link update ***

Just got this from the person in charge of the event ....

Tom,

I switched the registration page…I did this because of the problems people were experiencing... The event is free and we want people to register without having to pay or "donate" any money. So now there is an option to register without a donation, plus an option to register with a donation.

If registrants choose the option "register with a donation" ,registrants can now put in the amount of $ they would like to donate.

The previous registration webpage was very confusing and thanks to the help of the emails of the people who have already registered and your wonderful help I was able to hopefully fix the problem.

Please let me know anything else that can be done to make the registration process easier. :)

So I will pass along any suggestions

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
whosthatgirl
on 4/9/10 3:52 am
That seems very interesting! Thanks for sharing! I loved to go. My surgery is June 2, so I might be up for it.

My weight loss video/blog:
Whosthatgirl.Nu

Redhead7977
on 4/9/10 4:10 am - NJ
I would love to attend really sounds like a fun and educational day rolled in together. I read Khaliah Ali's first book and couldn't put it down it was so good.  If anyone who is in the Trenton, Bordentown area is interested in carpooling let me know we could meet up somewhere and go together let me know.
Nothing tastes as being thinner feels
Joann
Joann
checkitout
on 4/9/10 11:16 am - Newton, NJ
Thanks Tom! This must have been the rescheduled date...

See you there.

Thanks !

Stella
Chopper1
on 4/9/10 6:27 pm
 Sounds interesting Tom,

Thanks.
Geoff

big_ideas
on 4/11/10 12:22 am - Randolph, NJ
Tom,

This sounds great and I'd love to go. I clicked the link in your post and tried to register, but it asks you to commit to a donation and the price levels are all listed in british pounds.

I guess there'll be updates to the system as it gets closer to the event?

checkitout
on 4/12/10 1:00 pm - Newton, NJ
I registered the other day and saw the same thing, I sent an e-mail and was told it would be corrected today (on Monday) but to not to worry since it was a free event ~ by donation only ~ 

Thanks,
Stella

Duke007
on 4/13/10 4:12 am
Hi Tom,
I would love to attend but the link doesn't work. Please assist!
Can't wait to be happy in my skin!            
Tom C.
on 4/13/10 5:37 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Link works for me. Maybe it was down, or blocked from your computer
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
DJ
on 4/19/10 6:55 am - Parsippany, NJ
I think this sound like a promotion for a banding group disguised as an event.
Please be cautious..
Most Active
Recent Topics