Begrudgingly Packing My Gym Bag

NJLisa
on 4/6/10 11:17 am

exercise.  ughhhhh.  I don't think I'll ever love to exercise. 

We have a gym and showers at work.  I can do it during lunch  It will require no extra time away from my home and family.  And yet I still don't go.  I use every single excuse.

So, i'm making the plunge tomorrow to step up my activity.  i've been walking but nothing too rigorous where I feel like I'm making a difference.

Wish me luck.  30 minutes of cardio is what I am committing to during lunch.  And then continue to do activities outdoors with my son who is 2 after work and on the weekends.

Just needed to write this here so there is no going back...lol.  Somehow this makes it official.

Sheri A.
on 4/6/10 12:54 pm
Lisa:I don't think there is a person alive who enjoys exercising. However, it's a necessary evil and the real key to permanent and lasting weight loss. I am 3 1/2 years post op RNY and have successfully lost all my weight. I think one of the reasons I was successful was because of exercise. I still do it at least 5x a week. I cannot stress the importance of finding a type of exercise you enjoy. For some it's the treadmill or the elliptical, for some it's walking, for others it's cycling or swimming...I discovered dance after doing all of the above. I was bored to tears and almost quit the gym until I started taking zumba...from there I expanded my dance to include other dance classes offered in my gym and zumba taught by other teachers outside the gym. I encourage those lazy exercisers to try dance. You quickly get hooked. I had two left feet when I started but once I learned the basic steps the rest fell into place. I work in a high school, we have a weight room with ellipticals and a bike...do I go? NO! I like the classes better and never need to make excuses, I love dance and feel guilty when I miss out.
Chopper1
on 4/6/10 7:58 pm
 I am with Sheri, she says it all!!

NJLisa
on 4/6/10 11:36 pm
thank you...I need to keep hearing it!!!!

I have heard so many great things about Zumba!
redheadNJ
on 4/6/10 11:59 pm - Emerson, NJ
im right behind you Lisa, im 2 weeks out and still home recuperating,   im doing my Wii fit and cant wait to go back to Zumba  ( maybe 2 more weeks?)  I love  it,  that hour goes so fast
NJLisa
on 4/7/10 3:37 am
ok, I did it. I have to admit.  I feel really good right now.  And I still plan on going to the park later with my son.

AND, i found a Zumba class for Thursday nights and recruited two of my girlfriends to come with me to try it out.
Sheri A.
on 4/12/10 10:53 am
Lisa! That is super! If you don't like one instructor, try another. It is amazing how great zumba is! I love the music and learning the cha cha, merengue, tango, salsa, samba, etc. Let me know how it goes! My dietician says that the human body was made to move so you are doing the right thing! Always work out to good peppy music too!
Most Active
Recent Topics