Is It Possible To Lose 9 Pounds In 7 Days?

getsemani
on 3/31/10 9:06 pm - Pleasantville, NJ
I had a lapband put in almost two years ago, but I went off track a couple of months ago and gained weight...a lot. I went for a fill on a Monday and was weighing 223 lbs. I went back on track and when I weighed myself the following Monday I was down to 214 lbs. Can this be possible or is my bathroom scale different than the one used at the doctor's office?

My husband tells me it's not possile to lose so much weight in a week. I just don't know. I don't go to the doctor's until the 19th of this month.

Any insight will be much appreciated
ckb70
on 4/1/10 3:55 am - Morrisville, PA

Good for you!
Every scale is different even from one doctor's office to the next.  Keep up the good work and tell your husband to zip it...LOL 

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
kennyl2
on 4/1/10 6:53 am - Red Bank, NJ
Try the HVG diet and you'll lose weight like crazy
getsemani
on 4/1/10 1:51 pm - Pleasantville, NJ
Which is the HVG diet? I've never heard of it. I've heard of the HMR weight loss program which actually has very tasty food. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna start it up again as soon as I receive my online order.
Tom C.
on 4/1/10 6:57 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Yes and Yes.

It is possible to lose 9 if not more pounds in a week. How diligent how have you been?

And each scale IS different. If you are going to weigh yourself, stick to one scale and weigh yourself around the same time. Mornings you're at your lightest.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Alice P.
on 4/1/10 9:46 am
I agree you can loose 9 lbs in a week.

But I know my weight is always very different at the doctor's office vs at home.  At home I only weigh 1st thing in the morning naked and at the doctors office it could be any time of the day and I am always fully dressed.  I have weighed at home just before leaving for the doctors office and the scales are a couple of pounds different.

Alice
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

getsemani
on 4/1/10 1:49 pm - Pleasantville, NJ
Alice what scale do you go with, though? Do you go by your own scale or the doctor's? I would go with whichever is showing the lesser pounds
Alice P.
on 4/2/10 12:33 am
I go by my scale since I can get on it as often as I want to and I don't go to the doctor's that often.

Alice

y2j
on 4/2/10 2:17 am
Alice...Dr. Goyal's scale is awesome. its been very good to me and it doesnt lie! I would go by his scale says. I tried buying a scale and couldnt find one that would tell me the truth or correct weight. So I am gonna go by what his scale says for the first year. After that, then i will think about finding a scale.
Alice P.
on 4/2/10 4:11 am
I bought a weigh****chers digital scale at BJ's that seems to be pretty accurate--I weigh pretty close to what I weigh at Dr Goyals---I couldn't use just his scale, my next apt is in mid May and I think after that I only go every 6 months!

Most Active
Recent Topics