Is this dumping?

ramone
on 3/30/10 9:59 am
I felt lousy today after "eating" a sugar free Carnation Instant breakfast. with a few scoops of carb free protein blended in.    There were 12 g carbs and 7g sugars in the instant breakfast.  It also contained 10 oz of unsweetened soy milk and 1 packet of Splenda.  I did realize after I ingested it that I finished all 10 oz very rapidly.

So what happened?  Dumping or a reaction to eating too much to quickly or a reaction to one of the ingredients?  Did I do any damage?

Janice

PS My surgery was Mar 16th.  This is my first weird reaction.  I had the sweats and my stomach felt lousy.  A little nausea.  I laid down and felt better in about an hour. 
checkitout
on 3/30/10 1:40 pm - Newton, NJ
I would venture to say yes...

When I dump (I have only done it a few times) I got the sweats, has nausea and/ or vomited, I also felt like I wanted to curl up and die....

It could have been just from drinking too quickly, try to slow down and no you didn't do any damage to yourself.

Good luck,

Stella
ramone
on 3/30/10 1:51 pm, edited 3/30/10 2:02 pm
Thanks, Stella.  I've caught myself more than once gulping down liquids.  I never notice how fast and how much I drink before.  I have to learn how to sip and to be conscious of how a drink.  It's an old hab it I never noticed I had before.

Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics