How long does it take for insurance to approve?

whosthatgirl
on 3/29/10 2:58 am
I was just curious how long the process is? The office told me they sent everything to the insurance last monday, so I was just curious if anyone knew.

My weight loss video/blog:
Whosthatgirl.Nu

cucaperla71
on 3/29/10 4:40 am
My paperwork was submitted on a Thursday and by Wednesday the dr's office called to give me the good news.  I was so scared to get a denial but I am blessed!  You will get yours soon.  Good Luck!
ckb70
on 3/29/10 4:40 am - Morrisville, PA
My friend just got his approval on Friday...it was close to 3 weeks.  Good luck on your journey!!!!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
NJLisa
on 3/29/10 5:16 am
I have Oxford...i believe mine was approved over the phone.
jodiek
on 3/29/10 6:29 am
My surgeons ofc told me it could take anywhere from 1 week to 3 and mine took about a week. Be patient. You'll get your's soon.

whosthatgirl
on 3/29/10 7:58 am
Thanks everyone!! The lady told me they could get aproval over the phone, but I am nervous about calling. I dont want to be a pain u know?

Whosthatgirl.Nu

dani_arter326
on 3/29/10 10:44 pm
my approval took about a week, I was told it could take up to a month..it all depends on your insurance company. I called my insurance company directly because i'm inpatient lol so dont worry about it!! Good luck!!!!

HW-335   SW-332   CW-178.5  GW-150
whosthatgirl
on 3/30/10 1:09 am
Hahah thats a great idea. I am gonna call and find out. I am going to be really pissed if they didn't. I will post what I find out.

Whosthatgirl.Nu

whosthatgirl
on 3/30/10 4:56 am
So i called the insurance, and they told me that no doctors office has sumbited anything. This really ticks me off. So my husband called the doctors office and of course nobody has returned my call. The insurance lady said it could take 45 days for them to approve it. Grr

At this rate I wont have my surgery till the winter. Blah!

Whosthatgirl.Nu

Chopper1
on 3/30/10 9:31 pm
 My insurance Aetna was approved wtihin 24 hours.

Good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics