New to Forum - Surgery was Yesterday :)

NJLisa
on 3/27/10 4:05 am
Hi...my name is Lisa.  I had my realize band put in yesterday.  It was a little rough post-op with tons of gas pains but I'm feeling so much better today.  I basically slept for the last 24 hours and now am moving around some more.

I'm excited to start this journey.  Does anyone know the upcoming support group schedule because I think I'm going to need some support?  I'm in Morris County.

Thanks and look forward to getting to know some of you :)
Alice P.
on 3/27/10 5:27 am
Welcome Lisa!  Keep walking that will help tons with the gas pain!

I don't know of a support group in Morris county, I am in Union County and there is a great group that meets once a month on Saturdays in Scotch Plains- it's usually the first Saturday of the month but for April it is 4/10.

Here is the info the group leader left in another post:

First Saturday Support Group of Union County. We meet monthly at RWJ Fitness/Wellness in Scotch Plains, usually the first sat of each month however, for April we are meeting the second saturday, April 10. It's a great group, very warm, welcoming and friendly! come by. we start at 10:30am. email me for more info: [email protected]
We'd love to have you join us.

Alice
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/10 6:31 am - NJ
You might want to check out St. Claire's in Dover - I forget when it is, but they do have them on the 4th Wednesday night of the month (I think there was one on the 24th).

If I recall, the band one is after the RNY, so that makes it for like 7 or 7:15....

Welcome!!

Tom C.
on 3/27/10 9:08 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hello NJLisa, and welcome to the Loser's Bench in our Winner's Circle. Know we're here to help you !!

Maybe this link can help you find a support group close to you

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/4123209/NJ-Support-Group-listi ng-for-2010/

I go to the Morristown; Saint Peter's and Saint Clare's regularly - and catch others here and there.

Good luck !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
NJLisa
on 3/27/10 10:49 am
thank you for the warm welcome everyone....I appreciate it.

Tom, I did meet you back in September at the informational seminar at Dr. Abkin's office.  Glad to see you here too and congratulations again of your success.
Considering_It
on 3/27/10 11:52 am
Congrats and welcome Lisa!
jedi3884
on 3/27/10 3:37 pm
Hello Lisa, Welcome and Congrats on the success of your surgery.  Its great that you are open to support I think its an important tool.  I am scheduled for my surgery on April 5th, and I have gone to some support meetings just to gain perspective of the meetings and I have gotten a lot from them even before surgery.

Keep up the great work and hope you keep having many successes to share.
NJLisa
on 3/28/10 7:02 am
I'm thinking that the Morristown and St Claires are a good fit for my schedule...if anyone is going to be at these let me know and I'll try and find you.  I know they're a few weeks away.

Thanks!
Tom C.
on 3/28/10 6:59 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I usually go to both. Hope to see you there.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Mosley
on 3/28/10 12:02 pm
good idea
Most Active
Recent Topics