Dr. Dumon- University of Penn

lilshani919
on 3/17/10 3:57 am - NJ
I was wondering if anyone else has had/having surgery from Dr. Dumon at the University of Penn in Philadelphia. I just got approved for insurance and after some more testing I will have a date. I am very nervous!

My major concern is complications. I do not have much time off of work, so I am really worried about that (besides dying of course) I realize that complications can happen to anyone no matter the surgeon, but because there hasn't been a lot of reviews on my surgeon I was curious if anyone else had him and their experiences with him and his staff.
paria
on 3/18/10 2:24 am
I am scheduled for surgery April 6th. at the same hospital with Dr. Noel Williams.
This is a great hospital & heard good things about it from patients at the support group.
In the support meetings, there were many patients of Dr. Dumon and never heard any negative comments, all good & how welll they take care of you.

The Bariatric Surgery Program at HUP has been recognized
as a Center of Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery.

Good Luck to you and have faith in your Doctor.

lilshani919
on 3/18/10 3:19 am - NJ
thank you! and good luck to you too! I have heard wonderful things too (my sister is a nurse in the PAC-U) Its just now that I have my approval it scares me. I was so ready to have this surgery done that now that it is actually a reality its scary. Just with the complications and everything else under the sun that can go wrong. But thank you!

Best of Luck! And you'll have to let me know from your first hand experience how it went.
*Shannon*     
Most Active
Recent Topics