Newbie here!! Union County

whosthatgirl
on 3/18/10 4:52 am
Hi everyone!! I am so glad I found this website. I got it from my doctor's website. I thought I would check it out. I am on my 6 month program and going to weight in for my third month! I would love to know if there is any support groups around the union county area? I am very excited about my new lifestyle coming ahead of me!
Tom C.
on 3/18/10 6:17 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Welcome !! It's always great to have another sibling on our losers bench in the winners circle. Know we're here to help you.

Maybe this link will help you find a nearby support group

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/4123209/NJ-Support-Group-listing-for-2010/
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
whosthatgirl
on 3/18/10 6:38 am
thank you for the link!
whosthatgirl
on 3/19/10 12:14 am
I go to see him today! When did you get your surgery date?? I have completed all my tests and I am excited to get my date!!!
Alice P.
on 3/19/10 10:35 am
I am a patient of Dr Goyal as well.  I just had RNY on 2/17/10.  I live in Union County as well.  I have been to Dr Goyal's support group in Union, am a member of his online group and have been to the 1st Saturday support group that Sheraine mentioned- it was very well attended.

Alice

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Jon868
on 3/18/10 11:43 am - Jersey City, NJ
Hey I just got back form my first consult on the 3month program with Aetna thru Dr. Goyal.  Good luck if you find a good group in the area let me know my wife just had the surgery a week ago and we could both use a good group in Northern New Jersey.

Sheri A.
on 3/18/10 12:00 pm
Hi!
I am the facilitator of the First Saturday Support Group of Union County. We meet monthly at RWJ Fitness/Wellness in Scotch Plains, usually the first sat of each month however, for April we are meeting the second saturday, April 10. It's a great group, very warm, welcoming and friendly! come by. we start at 10:30am. email me for more info: [email protected]
We'd love to have you join us.
Thanks!
jedi3884
on 3/19/10 3:29 pm
Hello Whosthatgirl.  I too am a patient of Dr. Goyal.  I just finished my 6 month weight study and have my surgery date of April 5th.  I am glad you are on the road for success and that you are looking for support groups to help you before and after surgery.  I think to many people think they can do this alone, but if it were that simple we would not be in our situations.  Dr. Goyals office has support group meetings I have attended 1 so far, but afte surgery I plan on going as much as possible.  I just wanted to say hi, wish you well with your surgery and perhaps we will see each other at one of the meetings.

whosthatgirl
on 3/20/10 10:08 am
Wow your surgery date is so soon!! I bet your so excited!! :) Dr Goyal's office staff is awesome! They feel like a big family! There so nice and caring! I havent been to any of the meetings, I need to get over there and attend. As of right now they take two of the insurances I have, so were trying to figure out if it really a 6 month or 3 month program. They gave me a date of April 21st, but I will offically find out Monday!
jedi3884
on 3/20/10 11:48 pm

Awesome to hear.  You are getting pretty close yourself.  Even if you wait the whole 6 months it goes fast.  It seems a long way off for me I started this back in September and here I am 2 weeks away.  I see Dr. Goyal on Wednesday to sign all the paperwork.  As far as the office staff. you are so right.  I have tried having the surgery twice before and found the staff at both surgeons were very non supportive.  They did nothing to help ypu with insurance or even to the support end.  When I saw the initial seminar with Dr. goyal I was curiously optomistic and now 6 months of dealing with them I am happy that I found him as a surgeon.  His talents alone make me comforted and confident, but having the staff that is helping you along the way makes all the difference.

I hope everything stays on track for the 21st for you,and perhaps we will run into one another at a meeting or two. 

James

Most Active
Recent Topics