Anybody Have Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield?

StacyCap
on 3/9/10 11:29 am - Oradell, NJ
Looking for anyone that has BC/BS as their insurance carrier for advice.  I feel like I can't get straight answers from my doctor's office and I am getting really frustrated.

I have gotten letters from my doctor, I've done my psych evaluation, my nutritionist has sent my information to my doctor's office.  Now the tell me I have to attend a pre-op education class.  I contacted BC/BS and they don't have a pre-op education class as a rquirement. 

I am so confused at this point...  I was scheduled for surgery on 3/19/10, now it has to be delayed because I they haven't submitted my info for approval... 

Help!!!
Best -

Stacy
ahansil
on 3/9/10 1:07 pm - Hackensack, NJ
Hi Stacey,
Yes a pre op edu class is a requirement for BCBS. Where r u having your surgery? HUMC? If so, they have a class specifically for this requirement. If you are using another hospital, check with their Bariatric dept. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.

StacyCap
on 3/9/10 11:34 pm - Oradell, NJ
Thank you for the info... I am getting a bunch of different answers...

I see that your doctor is Amit Trivedi, did you have problems with his office staff returning phone calls?

I like him alot but his office staff is really bad at returning phone calls...
Best -

Stacy
Tom C.
on 3/10/10 4:35 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Stacy,

It depends on which BC/BS you have, plus EVERY plan is a little different. I would suggest calling back, and then ask to speak with a supervisor. Explain to the front line person you know they are capable, but you're getting conflicting information.

NOT SAYING YOUR DOCTOR IS DOING THIS BUT .. I have heard of some Doctors staying "XXXX is an insurance requirement" when in fact it really isn't, but they want to make sure their patients attend specific meetings.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
allisarin
on 3/10/10 6:14 am - Bayonne, NJ
I have BC/BS and had to go to a pro-op class. I went to the Pre-op at HUMC also. I had my surgery there also. I am a patient of Dr Triveti and have not had any problem with them. They are usu;lly very good about calling back. When my paper work was submitted to BC/BS I was OK 'ed in 2 days.
StacyCap
on 3/10/10 10:43 am - Oradell, NJ
Thanks for the info...  I am going to have my surgery at HUMC, but the Pre-Op class is only on wednesdays and I can't make it on wednesdays, so I am trying to find another class...
Best -

Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics