travel?

ANewBody1976
on 3/1/10 3:27 am
How soon do people travel after lapband. any trouble at airport with extra security and should i carry surgery card?
JenY718
on 3/1/10 9:47 pm - NJ
I have traveled several times after lap band.  Never had a problem with security.  After 4 1/2 years I am not even sure where my card is anymore!

Jenn Y.
Tom C.
on 3/2/10 12:20 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

This past Saturday I flew from Newark to Minneapolis, and had no issue.

However, I always carry by Realize band card on me. God forbid something happens, and I am unable to speak/respond, they will know I have this device in me.

I have heard from some folks that they have gone to smaller hospitals, and the folks on duty had no idea (A) what it was (B) how to deal with it.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
allisarin
on 3/3/10 11:27 pm - Bayonne, NJ
I traveled 5 wks after my surgery. I did have a problem and ended up in the hospital with complications from my lapband. They had no idea what a lapband was or how to deal with it. So yes alway carry it with you and your doctor telephone number just in case.

ANewBody1976
on 3/4/10 6:09 am
thanks for info
Most Active
Recent Topics