Dr. Nusbaum...

CHYNALYZ
on 2/28/10 2:56 am
Has anyone had him for RNY. I will have surgery in 19 days and His staff mailed out a package that I still haven't received because of the snow... I was told that I need to schedule pre-admission testing and to get clearance frm my PCP..

My question is... what kind of diet does he put you on prior to surgery? I've been reading posts and see that mostly everyone is on a 2 week liquid diet...  (a true test of willpower)

What do people drink on a liquid diet... protein drinks and shakes? jello? broth? and icepops? what else? LOL

HW 250/SW 249/CW 147/GW 140

Considering_It
on 2/28/10 9:15 am
He did my band on 2/2/10, so I can't help you with RNY requirements...but the info will be in your packet.  If you are really anxious, call the office tomorrow and ask to speak to your nutrionist about your pre and post op diet.  I saw the nutritionist the Friday before my surgery to insure I had a clear understanding and the correct products. 

I have been very happy with my care in this office, and the response to my concerns and requests.  I hope that you have a great experience too.

Good luck :)
CHYNALYZ
on 2/28/10 11:45 am
Thank you for the info .... I have an appointment to see the nutrionist on Tuesday, so I guess I will go and see what she has to say... I too have had an wonderful experience.. The insurance coordinator called me on my birthday to tell me I was approved and gave me a surgery date... I had no idea she submitted my paperwork to the insurance company.. So that was the greatest birthday gift ever!!!
I thought I had 2 more months, but hey.. the sooner the better...

And Congrats on your Band!!
Kathy W
on 2/28/10 10:27 am - NJ
Dr. Nusbaum did my surgery in 2004.... I went from 300 pounds down to 140 pounds and I'm still holding strong!!  My pre-op diet was just 2 days of clear liquids and a bowel prep. (a mild laxative and an enema) He may have changed things since 2004 but you have the absolute best surgeon there is so do whatever he tells you to do.

Congratulations and best wishes for a speedy recovery. (I'm a nurse and was back to work 10 days after surgery)

Kathy
CHYNALYZ
on 2/28/10 11:41 am
Thank you for that info.... and Congrats on losing a person... WOW...  I can't wait to have a success story..
Justajourney2010
on 3/1/10 4:40 am
heard mixed things.a lot of patients had to have band taken out.
CHYNALYZ
on 3/2/10 11:01 am
Band taken out? My question was in regards to the pre-op diet and not the quality of surgeon he is. Im having RNY so I guess that band thing woulndt apply to me... And I found out that that I dont have to do a liquid diet but 24 hours before. Just a bowel prep and liquids the day before.. Thanks for your input though..
dani_arter326
on 3/3/10 6:00 am
He did my RNY Dec 17!!  I only had a clear liquids diet the day before, thats all lol I love him, such a great surgeon!! Joan is so helpful too!! Good luck!!!

HW-335   SW-332   CW-178.5  GW-150
CHYNALYZ
on 3/4/10 5:33 am
Where you hopspitalized at St. Barnabas or Morristown Memorial? I have never been to Morristown hospital but that is where I am having my procedure. I'm not complaining cause I think it's closer to me, seeing that I live in the Poconos... Just have the before surgery jitters.. LOL
CHYNALYZ
on 3/8/10 2:49 am
 After you had your surgery and went back for the follow-up visit. Did you see Dr. Nusbaum or his PA?

Most Active
Recent Topics